This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 am

there will be buyers in this city without the money laundering.
We've lost buyers in the 3Million plus detached west side market, but
that was only a small % of buyers.
To think that you can shut off the tap of 100+ years of Chinese immigration with a paltry 15% tax
is naive.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 am

I'm not sure I understand the part about money laundering. Lets assume for a second ReallyReal is clairvoyant and knows that all these sales are indeed money laundering transactions.

The overall discussion is about how the market is falling apart. Those hoses sold and are supporting the current prices.

Eyes posted FACTS that those houses sold for those prices. ReallyReal wants to claim otherwise, you need the burden of proof to prove otherwise. This is how a normal discussion works.

You just keep claiming the market is crashing, its the opposite of TDMA saying to the moon.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:05 am

It's cute that you guys are so naive when it comes to matters like this.

Keep praying this market is doing just fine  :lol:

S.A.V.V.Y buyers and sellers don't get caught up in these one off outlier sales and think they are market makers.  
Last edited by reallyreal2 on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:07 am

there will be buyers in this city without the money laundering.
We've lost buyers in the 3Million plus detached west side market, but
that was only a small % of buyers.
To think that you can shut off the tap of 100+ years of Chinese immigration with a paltry 15% tax
is naive.
Some people aren't aware you're allowed to pay for a home without a mortgage

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:16 am

I think its easier at this point just to say TO THE MOON!

Seems like the facts from every post is ignored anyways.

TTM, save time and abbreviate from now on

Cognitive dissonance

The Fox and the Grapes
The fable of "The Fox and the Grapes", by Aesop, is an exemplar of cognitive dissonance by the subversion of rationality. A fox spies high-hanging grapes and wishes to eat them. When unable to reach the grapes, the fox decides the fruit are not worth eating, and justified his decision, claiming to himself, that the grapes likely are sour, for being unripe.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:01 pm

People get caught up with outliers thinking they represent the market.  One sale is an outlier, not "facts".  ETB knows this but they perpetuates the story of a strong market by posting a single sale every few days with the ambition of proving their point.  Then get upset when someone rightfully explains that the sale is clearly not representative of the market and provides "alternative facts", which are in style these days.

All these people that scream to the moon are too scared to jump into the market and set their family up for generations by purchasing whatever they can get their hands on.  

What's the word?  Hypocrite?

LOL   :lol:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:06 pm

I think its easier at this point just to say TO THE MOON!

Seems like the facts from every post is ignored anyways.

TTM, save time and abbreviate from now on

Cognitive dissonance

The Fox and the Grapes
The fable of "The Fox and the Grapes", by Aesop, is an exemplar of cognitive dissonance by the subversion of rationality. A fox spies high-hanging grapes and wishes to eat them. When unable to reach the grapes, the fox decides the fruit are not worth eating, and justified his decision, claiming to himself, that the grapes likely are sour, for being unripe.
Citizens, foreigners, and others know they are the soul and featuers of the economy.  Even one or two transactions can be the market.   Whether someone is licenced or not they will know that.  To the moon!

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:24 pm

People get caught up with outliers thinking they represent the market.  One sale is an outlier, not "facts".  ETB knows this but they perpetuates the story of a strong market by posting a single sale every few days with the ambition of proving their point.  Then get upset when someone rightfully explains that the sale is clearly not representative of the market and provides "alternative facts", which are in style these days.
There's a real fallacy in your logic, you claim ETB trying to miss represent a narrative by posting "outliers". Regardless of the narrative those properties were sold at those prices.

Why dont you provide some cherry picked distressed sales. I think that would go along ways compared to your editorials of sold properties that ETB posts.

Everyone is entitled to their views, bull or bear but nothing can change the fact that those properties were sold at that price. Is the market going up? Probably not.. is the market crashing, who knows.

No one here is trading properties like stocks ATM, I assume everyone is here for entertainment. So realistically speaking it doesn't matter how we try to paint the picture. It will not change the direction of the market one bit, even if the bulls win the argument here that wont change the market direction which ever way it was going.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 pm

There's a real fallacy in your logic, you claim ETB trying to miss represent a narrative by posting "outliers". Regardless of the narrative those properties were sold at those prices.

Why dont you provide some cherry picked distressed sales. I think that would go along ways compared to your editorials of sold properties that ETB posts.

Everyone is entitled to their views, bull or bear but nothing can change the fact that those properties were sold at that price. Is the market going up? Probably not.. is the market crashing, who knows.

No one here is trading properties like stocks ATM, I assume everyone is here for entertainment. So realistically speaking it doesn't matter how we try to paint the picture. It will not change the direction of the market one bit, even if the bulls win the argument here that wont change the market direction which ever way it was going.
There is no requirement to provide cherry picked distressed sales - even when they are staring right at you, many choose to ignore them.   :lol:

Proof is in the pudding, those that think property values are only going to the moon refuse to double down and purchase more real estate.  I guess they don't like free money  :mrgreen:  Or perhaps they really believe something else...hmmmmmmm  :lol:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:52 pm

here we go - to the moon!

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2016 ... ctive.html

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:24 pm

Besides TDMA i dont think anyone is claiming prices are going to the moon.

No one has money to double down in this market, not normal people anyways. Also the liability out weighs the risk. A 30% down turn is more likely then a 15% upshot.

Only people buying now are primary home owners or ultra rich Chinese / developers.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:28 pm

No one has money to double down in this market, not normal people anyways. Also the liability out weighs the risk. A 30% down turn is more likely then a 15% upshot.

Only people buying now are primary home owners or ultra rich Chinese / developers.
Oh ok - so even you think a crash is more likely than recovery.
Interesting 
Maybe ETB will jump on board that logic train instead of posting a single sale taken out of context.  

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:33 pm

40,000 people a year need a place to live.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Oh ok - so even you think a crash is more likely than recovery.
Interesting 
Maybe ETB will jump on board that logic train instead of posting a single sale taken out of context.  

My 2017 prediction is in that thread

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:01 pm

Alternative facts

Market is already down quite a bit.  Nobody cares what one house sells for - especially when the asking price isn't even accurate, which is the case on most of your sales postings.