This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:05 pm

So you didn't buy the dip.  Gotcha.  

Talk is cheap - you didn't put your money where your mouth is.  Lost out on a cool six-figure payday - that is, if the market is actually bouncing back.

Harahomes
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:11 pm

Talk is cheap - you didn't put your money where your mouth is.  Lost out on a cool six-figure payday - that is, if the market is actually bouncing back.
I'm not following your line of reasoning.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:56 pm

I'm not following your line of reasoning.
You could have bought at a cheap price this past fall and winter but didn't - bought at the peak. If you truly thought there would be a quick recovery, you would have loaded up on inventory.

Harahomes
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:36 pm

I'm not responding....

VanLord
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:46 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4073731

I was saying this for the last 6 months.  With all the negative media and blaming Chinese buyers people where sitting on the fence waiting, hopeing that that prices would fall 20 to 30 percent.  Now people are rushing back into the market.
I feel bad for the people that thought the market was crashing and could have picked up and good deal in the last 6 months.....
Did you buy?
I bought in July 2016, took possession in October...but not in the lower mainland, bought a very special place on the island and looks like its worth at least 100k more than when we bought.  Then again it doesn't really matter about fluctuations as will be holding for a long time.  

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Congrats!

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Harahomes you got trolled hard. I wanted to warn you that you were setting yourself up. You learned a valuable lesson on who the resident bear troll is now. Although you have a burning sensation right now it should subside in the morning. However for Reallreal2
Everybody else struggles to make ends meet and is getting pushed out of the core of the city.
This is how he really feels.. every time he logs on to this forum and trolls. This is the root of his anger and bitterness, struggling to make ends meet and getting pushed out of the core of the city. I suppose it's a common theme with the bears. "it's not fair" But I hope this can educate my fellow posters a little more on the psyche of a bear troll. Everyday they are faced with the reality of sky high property prices and no clear solution on what to do with life. They come and try to build up some self esteem by putting others down who have properties. Actually quite sad in ReallyReal2 case... he's not dumb either.

Cognitive dissonance

Rather than admit his failure to reach the grapes, the fox rationalizes that they are not really desirable. One commentator argues that the story illustrates the state of cognitive dissonance The fox is taken as attempting to hold incompatible ideas simultaneously, desire and its frustration. In that case, the disdain expressed by the fox at the conclusion to the fable serves at least to reduce the dissonance through criticism. Jon Elster calls this pattern of mental behavior "adaptive preference formation".

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 pm

no point in having a discussion with you because you - like I said, you go to the etb school of "moving the goalposts".

Anyways, we both know that hara was terrified that "this is it". If he didn't, he would have bought more and made more money - crap, this is his industry and he is knowingly leaving money on the table. Unless of course he didn't know and was worried all along - which I think makes more sense because "actions speak louder than words".

You guys are all clueless. Talking so confidently yet not cashing in. Its like getting a stock tip and not buying - stupid.

Harahomes
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 pm

^^^^ you know me! ^^^^

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:31 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4073731

I was saying this for the last 6 months.  With all the negative media and blaming Chinese buyers people where sitting on the fence waiting, hopeing that that prices would fall 20 to 30 percent.  Now people are rushing back into the market.
I feel bad for the people that thought the market was crashing and could have picked up and good deal in the last 6 months.....
Thats my longstanding position on any Vancouver correction. Short and shallow.
The snap back is swift and produces a market surge that would not have been seen if there had been no price declines.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Harahomes you got trolled hard. I wanted to warn you that you were setting yourself up. You learned a valuable lesson on who the resident bear troll is now. Although you have a burning sensation right now it should subside in the morning. However for Reallreal2
Everybody else struggles to make ends meet and is getting pushed out of the core of the city.
This is how he really feels.. every time he logs on to this forum and trolls. This is the root of his anger and bitterness, struggling to make ends meet and getting pushed out of the core of the city. I suppose it's a common theme with the bears. "it's not fair" But I hope this can educate my fellow posters a little more on the psyche of a bear troll. Everyday they are faced with the reality of sky high property prices and no clear solution on what to do with life. They come and try to build up some self esteem by putting others down who have properties. Actually quite sad in ReallyReal2 case... he's not dumb either.

Cognitive dissonance

Rather than admit his failure to reach the grapes, the fox rationalizes that they are not really desirable. One commentator argues that the story illustrates the state of cognitive dissonance The fox is taken as attempting to hold incompatible ideas simultaneously, desire and its frustration. In that case, the disdain expressed by the fox at the conclusion to the fable serves at least to reduce the dissonance through criticism. Jon Elster calls this pattern of mental behavior "adaptive preference formation".
Frick this is funny. You just described every bear on this forum.
Last edited by eyesthebye2 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Still nowhere near peak prices.

Sounds like bulls are satisfied with a falling market - how times have changed 

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 pm

2228 Parker street
2002sqft detached built 1946
33x122 RS-7 lot
Ask $1,398,800
Sold $1,536,000 on 5-April after 9 days
Great Opportunity for family living in amazing Grandview! Two bedrooms up with a fantastic 2 bedroom and den mortgage helper down....nicely renovated with beautiful bright kitchen and dining areas looking out on flat child friendly yard! Full size lot in super convenient location close to transit and trendy restaurant and shopping areas. Not to be missed! Listed By: COLDWELL BANKER PRESTIGE RLTY
teardown on the same street sold for $1.65 a few months ago.
Still trying to convince everyone that market is up?  LOL

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Cognitive dissonance

Fuck this is funny. You just described every bear on this forum.
I know - some people have convinced themself they are happy in a teardown on Inverness - LOL

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Back to business

372 east 38th ave
1131sqft detached built 1926
32x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,299,000
Sell $1,480,888 on 4-April after 8 days
Priced for your immediate attention is this family home which has not been on the market for the past 60 years! This character style home has 2 bedrooms on the main floor, a full basement ready for your suite ideas plus an undeveloped attic. Situated on a 32 X 122 foot lot this residence boasts a sun-drenched South facing backyard. A superb quiet coveted location on East 38th AVE just steps away from the shops of Main St, Oakridge Canada Line and Queen Elizabeth Park. Listed By: MACDONALD REALTY
Attachments
photo_server.jpg
photo_server.jpg (103.52 KiB) Viewed 2354 times