This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Reallyreal Vanbull etc
Youre arguing for the sake of disagreement.
When you buy your home let me know how ya did. That really is the bottom line.
You can't keep your story straight.  Where are the goalposts going to be tomorrow? LOL

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Reallyreal Vanbull etc
I dont even think the other person has a home. and I'm intelligent enough to believe in vetted and licensed individuals from A to Z.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Reallyreal Vanbull etc
Your passages are very direct and unwavering, and especially your targets are consistent.  

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Reallyreal Vanbull etc
What argument are you talking about? Lol
There is no argument here, just trying to explain to you the basic concept of markets. You say a lot of things that don't make any logical sense. The only argument here is the one happening inside your head between denial and reality.

You sound upset. This is because your faulty logic is being revealed and you have no rebuttal, therefore out of desperation, you are trying to shift the subject into home ownership. You're quite transparent, not the sharpest tool in the shed for sure.

I hope the people who come here for sound advice read our conversations so they can opt to count your faulty logic out of their decisions.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Reallyreal Vanbull etc
The other person, lacking education and experience both, mostly puts out matters that have a lack of fitting together.  He/she/it doesnt appear to be happy, and is showing an abject amount of envy and so on and could not be happy for successfull people, insetad trying to bring them down to their level

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:15 am

Ok so its agreed that the price top was last year...

So from 2008-2016 all the bears were morons? I don't understand, if you guys are so technically sound why were you not able to identify a hot market?

You guys have been singing the same song this whole time, only difference is enough time has passed and the market naturally moved into is cycle of downturn

Even you guys a broken clocks is right twice a day, say something long enough and eventually the sun will set in the evening.

The reason why I even bother to reply is so many bear dumb A** were spewing their nonsense back in 2008 when I wanted to buy after getting married. If I dint buy then there is absolutely no way I could afford anything at the moment. I find it sickening that people just spew things out of their mouth based on their own insecruites... I have a friend who also got married same time and got spooked by the bear talk and decided to wait, been waiting since 2010. Have kids now renting is some garbage unit because they want to save the extra cash for down payment but the market far out paces savings.

If the market goes down fine, thats life. But you bears have been singing this song far to long, its not because you guys are smart. The market just happened to cycle naturally.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:27 am

So from 2008-2016 all the bears were morons? I don't understand, if you guys are so technically sound why were you not able to identify a hot market?

You guys have been singing the same song this whole time, only difference is enough time has passed and the market naturally moved into is cycle of downturn

Even you guys a broken clocks is right twice a day, say something long enough and eventually the sun will set in the evening.

The reason why I even bother to reply is so many bear dumb A** were spewing their nonsense back in 2008 when I wanted to buy after getting married. If I dint buy then there is absolutely no way I could afford anything at the moment. I find it sickening that people just spew things out of their mouth based on their own insecruites... I have a friend who also got married same time and got spooked by the bear talk and decided to wait, been waiting since 2010. Have kids now renting is some garbage unit because they want to save the extra cash for down payment but the market far out paces savings.

If the market goes down fine, thats life. But you bears have been singing this song far to long, its not because you guys are smart. The market just happened to cycle naturally.
That was my reasoning for buying when I did.
The market fell to my affordability back in late 2008. If I didnt buy when I did and the market went up again I was screwed. If it went down after I bought I'd lose some money short term.
So which scenario did I think was worse? Thats right, good guess.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:45 am

I think it is a very prudent move to buy your PR when you can afford to do so - no matter what the market situation.

If you listen to others (especially about the biggest purchase of your life) then you deserve whatever you get.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:48 am

That was my reasoning for buying when I did.
The market fell to my affordability back in late 2008.  If I didnt buy when I did and the market went up again I was screwed. If it went down after I bought I'd lose some money short term.
So which scenario did I think was worse? Thats right, good guess.
Look for the traditional backpeddlling about that its a good time to buy now - LOL!!!!     I dont support people that gamble on the stock market.

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 am

Like I mentioned earlier, everything must be in the context of time-frame. Bullish on Vancouver in the decades time frame (long term), but bearish on the yearly (short term).
I don't know about 2008 (was still a student then), I only started getting interested in the real-estate market two years ago when I made my first post. But I don't really care who said what then, what's important is the now. Lets have a constructive conversation with logical points and base it off facts and data.
I find it sickening that people just spew things out of their mouth based on their own insecruites
I'm pretty sure this is why a lot of bears are posting here. A lot of perma-bulls are posting without any data to support their claims. You sound upset.
I have a friend who also got married same time and got spooked by the bear talk and decided to wait, been waiting since 2010.
So your friend messed up by listening to others instead of doing his own analysis. He only has himself to blame - this is too big a decision to depend on other peoples opinion. There are a lot of people who got spooked of being priced out and ended up buying mid-year last year - and now they are down 15 to 20% and are caught in the current market conditions. With pressure on interest rates, and stretched budgets - people can get burned from listening to these perma-bulls, the same mistake that your friend made.
You really need to clarify who "you bears" are. Yes I agree markets do cycle.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:48 am

Exactly. Nail ont he head.  For one thing, in the extreme short time in Metro Van, things are going to fly to the moon. More mature people wouldn't be talking about foreign events that Canada mostly shrugged off.  Anyone with a wit of knowledge will know that affordability doesnt matter that much in a place with low vacancies and neither do the mortgage rules unless someone is going for a high ration mortgage.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Like I mentioned earlier, everything must be in the context of time-frame. Bullish on Vancouver in the decades time frame (long term), but bearish on the yearly (short term).
I don't know about 2008 (was still a student then), I only started getting interested in the real-estate market two years ago when I made my first post. But I don't really care who said what then, what's important is the now. Lets have a constructive conversation with logical points and base it off facts and data.
I find it sickening that people just spew things out of their mouth based on their own insecruites
I'm pretty sure this is why a lot of bears are posting here. A lot of perma-bulls are posting without any data to support their claims. You sound upset.
I have a friend who also got married same time and got spooked by the bear talk and decided to wait, been waiting since 2010.
So your friend messed up by listening to others instead of doing his own analysis. He only has himself to blame - this is too big a decision to depend on other peoples opinion. There are a lot of people who got spooked of being priced out and ended up buying mid-year last year - and now they are down 15 to 20% and are caught in the current market conditions. With pressure on interest rates, and stretched budgets - people can get burned from listening to these perma-bulls, the same mistake that your friend made.
Thats a good point Vanbull...your perspective obviously differs depending on when you enter the market.
If you just analyze the last 2 years, its runaway prices at 30-40% increase followed by govt intevention and cooling off.
My analysis is 10 years. And my equity is now 1.4M. Obviously I see housing more optimisticly than you do.

HomelessinSD
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:05 pm

You might also be looking at the value of your own home a bit optimistically too: You had a $560k mortgage that has probably been reduced to about $370k now. Not so sure your home would sell for $1.8million in this current market.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Thats a good point Vanbull...your perspective obviously differs depending on when you enter the market.
If you just analyze the last 2 years, its runaway prices at 30-40% increase followed by govt intevention and cooling off.
My analysis is 10 years. And my equity is now 1.4M. Obviously I see housing more optimisticly than you do.
The funniest part is you dont go around all proud of throwing away $5,000 a month on rent when you could buy. lol

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:06 pm

You might also be looking at the value of your own home a bit optimistically too: You had a $560k mortgage that has probably been reduced to about $370k now. Not so sure your home would sell for $1.8million in this current market.
You're funny man