This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:58 am

Knowledgeable people know that OMG foreigners have a very small role in the Vancouver market. The real estate board said so.  In Ontario there's even a lawsuit in progress to gain access to data that the public (guessing about foreigners) does not have access to.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:47 pm

Remember the good ole days when you used to post multiple sales like this a day.

Now grasping at straws once every couple of weeks.
That kind of sale doesnt happen in a crashing market.

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:44 pm

Remember the good ole days when you used to post multiple sales like this a day.

You're obviously biased since your livelihood depends on the market, there is absolutely no reason for you to put effort in putting in sales that are not to your advantage so I don't blame you (in fact you're doing the right thing). People here just need to keep that in mind whenever they see you post, wouldn't want them to be mislead. 
There will always be a bell curve of sales that range from terrible, fair to great deals (for sellers or buyers) - of course you would paint a rosy picture.
Anyways that  is a 5700 sqft lot, in front of Killarney park park and less than a block away from Killarney Secondary. Killarney is a hot neighborhood for the east side, no surprise that went for that much. This lot would have gone for 2.5 mill EASY during the peak.
Market is not "crashing" but it's in a downturn. If prices keep going down then it could cause a bit of panic selling. At the end of the day, nobody can tell the future - however these price movements are indicative of a correction. Krispy might have bought the market some support with her free money down-payment program but I don't see it turning the market bullish since the stress test is still there. It's easy to see that she did that to 1. Suck up to her Real Estate Supporters that fund her campaign, 2. to get votes. The Real Estate Industry is pissed off at her because the market was falling sharply after the 15% tax. so yeah... the industry is looking for help, I wonder why... just food for thought.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:04 pm

Experienced people know that of your profession there are several reasons and obligations to accept things that are not necessarily to your advantage.

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:13 pm

You're obviously biased since your livelihood depends on the market, there is absolutely no reason for you to put effort in putting in sales that are not to your advantage so I don't blame you (in fact you're doing the right thing). People here just need to keep that in mind whenever they see you post, wouldn't want them to be mislead. 
There will always be a bell curve of sales that range from terrible, fair to great deals (for sellers or buyers) - of course you would paint a rosy picture.
Anyways that  is a 5700 sqft lot, in front of Killarney park park and less than a block away from Killarney Secondary. Killarney is a hot neighborhood for the east side, no surprise that went for that much. This lot would have gone for 2.5 mill EASY during the peak.
Market is not "crashing" but it's in a downturn. If prices keep going down then it could cause a bit of panic selling. At the end of the day, nobody can tell the future - however these price movements are indicative of a correction. Krispy might have bought the market some support with her free money down-payment program but I don't see it turning the market bullish since the stress test is still there. It's easy to see that she did that to 1. Suck up to her Real Estate Supporters that fund her campaign, 2. to get votes. The Real Estate Industry is pissed off at her because the market was falling sharply after the 15% tax. so yeah... the industry is looking for help, I wonder why... just food for thought.
If you read my other recent comments youll see that I agree the market is down...probably about 15% lower sales prices since peak.

How does my livelihood depend on real estate? I think you're confusing me with someone else

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:07 pm

2590 E 15TH Avenue /MLS® Num:R2120441

Anyone know how much this one sold for? one I've been looking at, list price $1,588,000 which I thought was ludicrous. Lowered to 1,475,000 

I dont think its worth more then 1.3 tops 
Sold for $1,435,000. Original price was $1,588,000, reduced to $1,450,000 since summer time.
Basically lot value, thing is they choose such a outlandish price to begin with, even selling at $1,435,000 is still stupid over price.

Justice
Real Estate Talker

Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:51 pm

Experienced people know that of your profession there are several reasons and obligations to accept things that are not necessarily to your advantage.
That probably made more sense in the original Chinese.  in English it is just gobbledygook.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:53 pm

The more modern version is to want what others have

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:22 pm

Sales have stopped in the lower mainland.

Lucky to crack 600 sales this month.

That would be down more than 50% from the previous year's same month.  It is slower this time of year than any year in recent history.  And it won't get better any time soon.

Just ugly.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Experienced people know that real estate in Vancouver is always slow in the winter.  move along

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:28 pm

wow - looks like tmda took a break from commenting on facebook posts and VAncouver Sun stories to once again comment here... within seconds of my last post.. nice life you have there  :lol:

luckily I can't see the crap he is writing... but I am certain it makes little sense.   :D

Whatever happened to his bum-buddy, demonizer?  He was crying non-stop about this and that .... he is probably embarrassed of himself and has disappeared.  LOL

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Things are always slow at this time of the year

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:48 am

2705 E46th Avenue

33x122 - 44 year old Vancouver Special - Asking $1.799M ... reduce reduce reduce sold for $1.58M.

Purchased March 30, 2016  for $1.688M.

Where are all the buyers?  LOL

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:51 am

educated people know winter is slow. to the moon!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:59 pm

2705 E46th Avenue

33x122 - 44 year old Vancouver Special - Asking $1.799M ... reduce reduce reduce sold for $1.58M.

Purchased March 30, 2016  for $1.688M.

Where are all the buyers?  LOL
Thats a sellers price on a 33x122.
What would 5000sqft lot have sold for...2M?