This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Thompson
Real Estate Talker

Re: Top 15 Real Estate Myths

Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:09 pm

You didn't answer #17. :mrgreen:
#18, If any one of them, HonkyTonkMan and Johnny Horton, is forbade in RET forum, RE of Vancouver will crash at least 50.1% in this summer. .... Myth or Reality? :P

#19, If Johnny Horton is not "a one-woman man", has no time to pump the RE in past years, Vancouver should collapse long before San Diego, Miam, Edmonton, Calgary,..and Moon. .... Myth or Reality? :P

Johnny Horton
Site Admin

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:30 pm

:P

Thompson
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:08 pm

:P
you didn't answer my questions yet.

Johnny Horton
Site Admin

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Answer this one first...

If a Bear whines in the forest,
Does anybody hear it.
Myth or Reality?

Ok, Thompson, I'll answer. Johnny Horton is just a yappy, mouth piece. He does not have any affect on the market whatsoever because the world does not spin around Johnny.

Thompson
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:21 pm

..Ok, Thompson, I'll answer. Johnny Horton is just a yappy, mouth piece. He does not have any affect on the market whatsoever because the world does not spin around Johnny. [/b][/size]
Then, must be silverman? :shock:

Johnny Horton
Site Admin

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:41 pm

No Thompson, it's me, Johnny. What I am saying is that unlike the Bears who think that everything should suit them, Johnny is smart enough to know that the world is not going to accomodate Johnny. Johnny works within his framework of his time, energy, and resources, and does not expect other people to do it for him. :mrgreen:

Thompson
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:45 pm

Johnny Horton!!!! "A one-woman man", go to the head of the class!!! :mrgreen:

rentah
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:49 pm

Johnny works within his framework of his time, energy, and resources, and does not expect other people to do it for him.

Excellent. Now, if you could just do more of it elsewhere.

silverman
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Where are we...
#20. Prices will collapse to 50% of what they are today, in 18 months. Myth or Reality?
Reality, of course.
According to basic freakonomic principles and based on the assumption that the San Diego market and its identical twin, the Lower Mainland market, will continue to perform according to the synopsis of the Case-by-case Chiller principle of market uniformity... it is safe to assume a price decline of over 50%. Besides... freako said so. :shock:

dot com refugee
Real Estate Talker

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:26 am

Silverman: Prices in San Diego have so far only collapsed to 75% in 18 months. That is a pretty decent haircut but not 50%, at least not yet. However, prices are still falling fast and we don't know where the bottom is. IIRC, even Freako doesn't expect our market to collapse by 50%.

Fence Sitters Will Be Sorry

yogurt
Real Estate Talker

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:47 am

Where are we...
#20. Prices will collapse to 50% of what they are today, in 18 months. Myth or Reality?
Reality, of course.
Well neither myth or reality, of course.

A myth is something which is believed to be real but isn't.

But the future is neither real nor unreal. It just hasn't happened yet.

An ill-formed question, sort of like "have you stopped beating your wife?"

BTW I am expecting a 50% real decline but not nominal, at least not for SFH anyway. That's what it would to get price/income and price/rent down to the levels of the trough of 2002, a time of low interest rates. If interest rates increase real prices could go lower to 80's levels. Note that the real bottom in both the 80's and 90's declines was reached about 6 years after the peak, and I don't expect it to happen any sooner this time around.

freako
Real Estate Talker

Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:28 am

even Freako doesn't expect our market to collapse by 50%.
He knows that I don't. I presume that his increased use of exaggerations and sarcasm means that all is not well in silvermanland.

semven
Real Estate Talker

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:22 am

#21 Bulls will always pay 100% of the listed price.
#22 Bears will never buy any RE

Freako you cant be a bull and and be in the midst of selling property? (profit take). Your level of bullishness will be measured by your willingness/reluctance to accept a bid that is less than the ask.

Unless their is a way to short, Bears wont buy. They may be bullish on a certain price, but that is subjective and they would "cross the floor" if they bought

IMHO
Regards

Johnny Horton
Site Admin

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:33 am

Semven, there are people on this Forum who will NEVER buy, and I highly doubt they would ever have the guts"short" iether. They are just content to complain and drone and study graphs all day. Some people are just too "smart" for their own good. Nobody on this Forum, of course. :mrgreen:

dot com refugee
Real Estate Talker

Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:49 am

#23 Bull and Bear refers to types of people, their willingness to take risks and their general level of optimism/pessimism in life. It has nothing to do with a person's current opinion on a market. (myth)