This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Re: Should the government intervene?

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:28 am

if the goal of higher housing prices is to push the riff raff away from affording it, i'm all for it.

the less bums and vagrants we have the better.

think about it, it's a drain on our system. they don't contribute yet they consume. they are on social assistance.

they are takers, not givers.
as he takes an insured mortgage that I am backstopping. 
the irony is hilarious.
my new $730k mortgage to invest is not cmhc insured.
because i had more than 20% down from my current principal residence equity.

my starter house was cmhc insured back in 2003. 

no need for cmhc ever since.

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:31 am

if the goal of higher housing prices is to push the riff raff away from affording it, i'm all for it.

think about it, it's a drain on our system. they don't contribute yet they consume. they are on social assistance.

according to the City of Vancouver new developments are required to have 'bum' units mixed in with everything else 
the bum units will devalue the surrounding area and units because vagrancy will permeate and linger. especially the odor

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:52 am

according to the City of Vancouver new developments are required to have 'bum' units mixed in with everything else 
the bum units will devalue the surrounding area and units because vagrancy will permeate and linger. especially the odor
If you don't like it - move... free country.  Unlike China.   :lol:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:23 am

Many people don't know that it isnt anywhere nearly as open as you think. For example the price of milk is set by the Government here. lol

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:14 pm

The problem with the cherry pickers is that they live in the past. This is the present. 

Sentiment continues to harden against foreigners, Even someone born in Hong Kong and representing Richmond is joining the mob. She used to be the  Parliamentary Secretary for Multiculturalism!

“Petition to Parliament calls for end to automatic citizenship to end 'birth tourism'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/birth-t ... -1.3816629

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:21 pm

In Canada people and their representatives are so open its not even funny.    Misc. pockets of xenophobic exist though.    33,000 come every year. To the moon!!

Demonizer
Real Estate Talker

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:47 pm

A lot of these bum vagrants come from all over Canada

i find it laughable that they are complaining about affordable housing when they came here from back east for a handout.

it's common sense, let the wealthy buy instead of giving it away to vagrants from back east and alberta. makes no sense to give prime property away to the whiney crybabies.

They bring drugs, they bring crime, they're rapists.

http://i1.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca/vi ... &strip=all

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:51 pm

i find it laughable that they are complaining about affordable housing when they came here from back east for a handout.

it's common sense, let the wealthy buy instead of giving it away to vagrants from back east and alberta. makes no sense to give prime property away to the whiney crybabies.

free country.... if you want restrictions on movement and the government telling their own citizens what they can or cannot do, go to China... or even better North Korea.  You'll probably like it there more.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:52 pm

Its well known that the Bums(tm) come for the mild climate lol

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:31 pm

Haha :lol:
Sounds like a Donald clone.  :roll:

Fact today is that the strongest resistance comes from local residents.
"Code Red: Young Vancouverites hope to ‘squeeze back’ before they’re squeezed out

Anger about rising prices and stagnating wages has reached a boiling point. But what will it take to channel the outrage into change?
... “We need to really ramp up of efforts,” Kershaw said. “We have just over half a year before the next provincial election.

“Numbers mean influence. We have 26,000 members, but if we really want to be influential we need to have more than 100,000 — and to get them before next election.”

http://www.metronews.ca/news/vancouver/ ... rices.html

These were the guys you laughed at last year. Well, they're local and they vote.  Christie Clark is running scared. So should you.  :!:
If RE prices don't cool down, the blow back could escalate to a Brexit referendum. Then, that will restrict immigration.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:34 pm

The biggest welcoming comes from the natives and the people actually here.   There are pockets of of envy and xenophobia around though.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:01 pm

The problem is that there are deluded people who cherry pick. Worth reposting this.

Sentiment continues to harden against foreigners, Even someone born in Hong Kong and representing Richmond is joining the mob. She used to be the  Parliamentary Secretary for Multiculturalism!

“Petition to Parliament calls for end to automatic citizenship to end 'birth tourism'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/birth-t ... -1.3816629

Yes, the welcome has worn thin. Has been for many years.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:07 pm

the stalling part is a lack of education and coarse language.  there is so much welcome here it isnt funny. there are minor pockets of whining of entitlement here and there.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:11 pm

You can never educate the bias and greedy. They get eaten every time.

Meanwhile, even as interest rates rise...

"Canada's Record Household Debt Is Threatening Its Financial Stability

Canada’s debt, swelled by a decade-long housing boom to almost triple the size of its economy, is drawing increasing concern from an international banking community that says it threatens growth and financial stability.
The combined debt of Canadian governments, companies and households reached $4.4 trillion in the first quarter, or 288 percent of gross domestic product, exceeding the same gauge for the U.S., the U.K. and Italy, according to the Bank for International Settlements.
While Canada boasts the lowest government debt load among Group-of-Seven countries, household debt is the highest of its peers, the Basel, Switzerland-based BIS said last month in its quarterly report. In September, Statistics Canada reported household liabilities rose to 100.5 percent of GDP, exceeding the size of its economy for the first time..."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... ure-growth

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Citizens residents visitors with intelligence know that the cost of borrowing is low and lower and looking at foreign media is not related to Canada.  Add some envy as well.