This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Selling in a Crashing Market.....

Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:43 am

Are there any good tips out there for selling in a crashing market? :D
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Re: Selling in a Crashing Market.....

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:59 am

Oh, yes, follow Geyser, get tons of ideas from joint-party of Great Fool.

or, reading Vancouver Condo Info, smart people were concentrated there.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:19 pm

Lead the market down or fail to sell and follow it down by cutting your price every month, but always not enough and a bit too late. Trying to catch the top is a mugs game unless you have extraordinary good luck.

A correction is coming and I'm guessing it'll be a big one, but nobody really knows when.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:39 am

Thanks, I will pass this valuable information along to MetalHead. :D

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:53 pm

MetalHead, here's a good suggestion for you that will save you money........

List your property with the realtor who is gonna charge you the least commission or even go fsbo. All the good realtors who know what they are doing and sold lots of property in the good times will have decided to take their money and go on a nice,long, well deserved, vacation and leave you holding the bag. Your only hope is to chop the asking price in half, and then again in half, and then beg for an offer. You don't need to pay a guy 7% commission for that. You need to save the commish to pay for bandages to stop the bleeding. :lol:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:44 am

MetalHead, don't forget to put out coffee and cookies at your open house. :mrgreen:

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:15 pm

So you believe that for the first time ever, the market will not correct? Really? :D
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:02 pm

Pappa Charlie: Ok kids, isn't buying houses fun? Why are we doing it?....because money is no good unless you can do something with it. Money has no intrinsic value.

Kid #9: Ok, Pop, we won't forget it!
Kid #10: Sure Pop!

Mama Chan: Money is only a promise that in the future, one might have the opportunity to actually trade it for things that are useful in the real world.
So children remember: A chicken foot on your plate right now, is worth two in the pot tomorrow.

The entire Chan Clan: Haw! Haw! Haw! :lol:

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:32 pm

So you believe that for the first time ever, the market will not correct? Really? :D
Well, by the definition market can go down, and can go up, so what? As you admitted again and again, you know nothing about "when" and "how" the market will be corrected, so, all you prediction is a double talk, in my eyes, no? :mrgreen:

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:17 am

Well, by the definition market can go down, and can go up, so what? As you admitted again and again, you know nothing about "when" and "how" the market will be corrected, so, all you prediction is a double talk, in my eyes, no? :mrgreen:
But you do agree that at some point it will go down, and as an astute market observer you will know that each month that passes brings us closer to the inevitable correction which most bankers suggest will be between 30% and 50%.

It's pretty clear that the odds today have shifted in favour of a substantial downturn, so, if you want to bet against the odds, be my guest. :)

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:14 pm

hahaha.... the market cannot go straight up.
The Basht'rds have been calling for an outright crash for the past 12, that's t.w.e.l.v.e., years or more.
I am sure that a downturn is in order just on general principle. But when will that be?

Will it be tomorrow?
Or next week?
Or next month?
Or next year?
Or in another 5 years from now?...... :shock:

any of the above is possible. But what are people going to do? Are they going to be like Tapioca's friends and be renters for all their lives because they could have afforded to buy, but thought it would be "prudent" to wait?
Meanwhile, their 6 year old and 4 year old kids are now 17 and 15.

Tapioca's friends:
"Just a couple more years kids and we'll get you that nifty swing set we promised you 11 years ago".
....... :lol:

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:30 am

Wow! Mom and Dad, look at meeeeee!!! this is fun, you're the greatest!
Can I go on the monkey bars next? Better late than never.
Good times!!!
:lol:

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:39 am

hahaha.... the market cannot go straight up.
The Basht'rds have been calling for an outright crash for the past 12, that's t.w.e.l.v.e., years or more.
I am sure that a downturn is in order just on general principle. But when will that be?

Will it be tomorrow?
Or next week?
Or next month?
Or next year?
Or in another 5 years from now?...... :shock:
In the past the bull markets have been much shorter than this one so it seems reasonable to expect that the downturn is getting fairly close, but you are right, nobody knows when it will hit.
any of the above is possible. But what are people going to do? Are they going to be like Tapioca's friends and be renters for all their lives because they could have afforded to buy, but thought it would be "prudent" to wait?
Meanwhile, their 6 year old and 4 year old kids are now 17 and 15.

Tapioca's friends:
"Just a couple more years kids and we'll get you that nifty swing set we promised you 11 years ago".
Perhaps they can't afford a swing set because they are house poor. I've seen no end of folks in McMansions who, because of massive carrying cost, have to use Ikea furniture and live on macoroni cheese dinners and peanut butter sandwiches. For those folks, a swing set for their kids is a distant dream. :)

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:35 pm

But you do agree that at some point it will go down, and as an astute market observer you will know that each month that passes brings us closer to the inevitable correction which most bankers suggest will be between 30% and 50%.

It's pretty clear that the odds today have shifted in favour of a substantial downturn, so, if you want to bet against the odds, be my guest. :)
well, you have to give out your time line, say, 2 years, otherwise everybody can come out and say "yes, I see the a 50% inevitable correction is coming ... in the future!" :P

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:41 pm

Geyser:
Perhaps they can't afford a swing set because they are house poor. I've seen no end of folks in McMansions who, because of massive carrying cost, have to use Ikea furniture and live on macoroni cheese dinners and peanut butter sandwiches. For those folks, a swing set for their kids is a distant dream.
....well if they have "massive" carrying costs, maybe they shouldn't have bought. Buying isn't for everyone so lets just talk about those who can afford to do it. Buying a home is a luxury, and it's getting to be less affordable everyday.
But let's say this, I have seen lots of people who never bought and when they retire they move around a lot and eat cat food. Me, I happen to really enjoy macaroni and cheese dinners, and I have been know to have the odd peanut butter and banana sandwich for supper now and then. :lol: