This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

madeitbc
Topic Author

Lot Value in surrey

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Surrey
Last edited by madeitbc on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thinktom
Real Estate Talker

Re: Lot Value in Langley Township

Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:06 pm

I live in a development area in Langley Township. My area (North side of 72 Avenue by 208 Street) is going to start to be zoned differently. I was at a Township hall meeting last night and some of these areas will have upgraded zoning to townhouses (is SFH now), but my specific street will stay as SFH. The house I live in now will be torn down (1,000 sq. ft.), and the lot size of 15,000 sq. ft., may allow a couple of new houses. They are building houses in Langley on lots as small as 3,800 sq. ft.

But my question is how much value am I losing on this lot of 15,000 sq. ft. staying SFH instead of going towards Townhomes?

If my lot stays SFH, and it does get redeveloped, what might be the value of this lot, with maybe 3 new houses on it?

Thanks beforehand.

I don't do Langley but you will still have plenty of value if you can build three houses on it. Why sweat potential the TH 'potential' if the city isn't switching the zoning to allow it anyhow?

futureporscheowner2
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:25 pm

We looked at a house on 72 and 204th last year. An acre was going for about $800-$1 million. The problem is theres no servicing in the area. I would suggest contacting Dale Badh - who does development property.

Cheers

Dragonslayer
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:49 pm

In some places SFH lots are better.
No matter what you do, your neighbours will have an impact. Try to get a collective agreement and move forward speaking in one voice to Council.

You need more than one lot to make a viable project anyway.