This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Re: How many are there FSBO websites ??

Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:21 pm

Total scammers, Chop Suey! :mrgreen:
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

Kootenay
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:18 am

Agree with Tom about the language.
Sets the wrong tone.
Yes, the comments are crying for help.

Also, this could be very misleading....
Property taxes are $1508.00 before BC home owners grant . $738.00 After.
Firstly, you are probably claiming the "Seniors" grant.
Secondly, you are advertising the property to investors who will rent out the property. They wouldn't be entitled to any grant.
Therefore, best just quote the gross tax number. That kind of misleading advertising makes you look "shady".

Kootenay, I suggest that you look really hard at the price too. I don't mean to be overly critical but
if I am looking for a quiet place to live, I can find much more appealing properties for that price.
Well i do know how to actually read the property tax form and absolutely NOT quoting the seniors grant the property taxes are indeed much lower here well outside of the city limits. As for the price of the property itself the BC Government assessment is at $291,000.00 so asking nearly 8 % below the tax valuation would be more than fair. So again the current taxes are gross at $1508.00 . At least i am NOT posting on this forum some dumb reply under every single post just to see my handle on the side of the posted by chart and have high numbers of posts. I am busy actually OWNING real estate .

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:42 am

Well GAWD man! No need to get all uppity.... :P

Why is "8% off the tax valuation", fair? :shock:

Property sells far above the tax valuation some of the time, and property sells below the tax valuation sometimes too.
Since you have been attempting to sell your property for quite a lengthy bit of time, and isn't sold yet, wouldn't a 15% or even 20% below tax assessment be more fair? The market has already told you that "8% off the tax assessment " isn't low enough.

So? How low can you go? :lol:

As had been mentioned before, the way the front door has been placed looks like an afterthought. Maybe that aspect should be addressed before you continue trying to sell as it makes the home look d.u.m.p.y. :lol:

Either that or reduce the price to compensate for that eyesore.

Quit being so g.r.e.e.d.y. :mrgreen:

westcoastfella
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:25 am

As for the price of the property itself the BC Government assessment is at $291,000.00 so asking nearly 8 % below the tax valuation would be more than fair
Assessment != market value. Houses sell for significantly above assessment all the time, surely they can also sell significantly below assessment. I don't really know anything about the market you're in so have no idea if your asking price is fair based on comparables... but if you haven't sold yet, then the market is telling you something, regardless of what you're assessed at.

BTW, in picture #17 - the way you've taken a shot of your hardwood floor, and all the seams between boards line up in the light. It makes it look like you've literally stitched your house together. I would take that shot from a different angle.

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:17 am

kootenay, you should take Thinktom's advice.

I checked out his website and he provides "world class real estate services". Something that is completely impossible to substantiate and doesn't give a time frame - I think both go against the CREA code of ethics. So I suggest taking advice from someone that doesn't even know his own profession's rules.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 am

I checked out his website and he provides "world class real estate services". Something that is completely impossible to substantiate and doesn't give a time frame - I think both go against the CREA code of ethics. So I suggest taking advice from someone that doesn't even know his own profession's rules.
Doesn't this come under free speech? Also, what do you mean this claim is "impossible to substantiate"? Also, the "time frame" is now. Gawd man! It's not that difficult. :mrgreen:

No Kootenay, don't take Toms advice, Really Real has a great alternative suggestion, here it is.........

:P

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:51 am

Article 15.2 of the CREA Code of Ethics:

"Representations of performance (e.g. "#1," "top-selling," "providing world class service", etc.) must include the geographical area referred to, the relevant time-frame (e.g. January-June 2004) and the source or basis on which the claim is based (e.g. based on the number of sales on the MLS® system of the relevant Board for the specified time period). "

You are right, it's not that hard.

Free speech? hahahahahhahaa... you and I both know there is no such thing.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:59 am

Well we can pretend there's free speech.
And under free speech all Tom has to do is get one of his worldly clients to corroborate what he says and it's all good. :mrgreen:

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:01 pm

Well we can pretend there's free speech.
And under free speech all Tom has to do is get one of his worldly clients to corroborate what he says and it's all good. :mrgreen:
Agreed!

So you do admit that he's in violation of the Code of Ethics... glad to see that we agree on both the problem and solution.

Now on to bigger and better things!

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Minor details which do not amount to a hill of beans.
Why are you wasting our valuable time with such nonsense? This thread is about the greed of realtors and why Kootenay's dump isn't sold yet.

Fawk! :shock:

Quit analyzing your bellybutton and talk about something that matters, fawker. :mrgreen:

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:31 pm

You might have a leg to stand on if you weren't so busy trying to figure out if it is an innie or an outtie....

But hey, if you think that realtors breaking their own code of ethics is small potatoes, that says a lot about the profession.

Speaking of violations... whatever happened to that Mac Marketing guy that had two empoloyees pose as prospective chinese new year buyers? Is he still a "realtor"?

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:03 pm

Yes, I think solitary confinement in maximum security should teach Tom a lesson, don't you? :P

But I am not so sure that he's really of guilty of anything.

Why don't you lodge a complaint and be a hero? :mrgreen:

thinktom
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Note my join date: THINKTOM--Joined RET:Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:51 pm How about you? Just joined and here comes the same ol', lame, pathetic drivel, huh? It's ok, I'm sure you'll get better with time...or perhaps not.

In case you haven't noticed, I am genuinely trying to help Kooteney. A guy I've never met and probably never will. But... keep yappin' all you want.

Incidently, for those who actually care what he posts, the actual paragraph reads as so (and I comply fully):

15.2 Representations of performance (e.g. "#1," "top- selling," etc.) must include the geographical area re- ferred to, the relevant time-frame (e.g. January-June 2004) and the source or basis on which the claim is based (e.g. based on the number of sales on the MLS® system of the relevant Board for the specified time period).

This paragraph was created to prevent realtors from saying "#1 Realtor in your area.." etc... without saying where, how, what area, etc.. RR has conveniently edited the paragraph to read....
"Representations of performance (e.g. "#1," "top-selling," "providing world class service", etc.) must include the geographical area referred to, the relevant time-frame (e.g. January-June 2004) and the source or basis on which the claim is based (e.g. based on the number of sales on the MLS® system of the relevant Board for the specified time period). "
Nice try, champ. Perhaps you should try and contribute something intelligent to these threads in between lying through your teeth. :wink:
Last edited by thinktom on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:18 pm

What? No solitary confinement for Tom? :P

Oh we'll, better luck next time really stupid. :mrgreen:

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:19 am

Note my join date: THINKTOM--Joined RET:Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:51 pm How about you? Just joined and here comes the same ol', lame, pathetic drivel, huh? It's ok, I'm sure you'll get better with time...or perhaps not.

In case you haven't noticed, I am genuinely trying to help Kooteney. A guy I've never met and probably never will. But... keep yappin' all you want.

Incidently, for those who actually care what he posts, the actual paragraph reads as so (and I comply fully):

15.2 Representations of performance (e.g. "#1," "top- selling," etc.) must include the geographical area re- ferred to, the relevant time-frame (e.g. January-June 2004) and the source or basis on which the claim is based (e.g. based on the number of sales on the MLS® system of the relevant Board for the specified time period).

This paragraph was created to prevent realtors from saying "#1 Realtor in your area.." etc... without saying where, how, what area, etc.. RR has conveniently edited the paragraph to read....
Nice try, champ. Perhaps you should try and contribute something intelligent to these threads in between lying through your teeth. :wink:
In my editing of the paragraph, what do you notice different about the part that I added? .... yep, I included italics (ie. made it different).... if I wanted to slip it in, I wouldn't have drawn attention to those words by giving them a different style font. So yep - I lied through my teeth yet highlighted the lying ... :roll: I hope you pay more attention when reading contracts - your clients might be unhappy campers.

And yes, you were trying to help kootenay and being about as big as a condescending prick as you could be while doing so.

And hey, if you think "providing world class service" isn't a representation of your performance, how would you define that statement? I'm very curious. You sound like Donald Trump... "This golf course is the best golf course in the world... according to me". There you go Dinktom, you can site yourself as the source (* source: Thinktom and his family think he provides World Class Service - don't ask anybody else because World Class Service is undefinable and impossible to verify) ..hahahahahahahahahaha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: