This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Re: 3 Million Dollar Teardown

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Sorry, they ain't gonna marry just anybody. You need to look good or at least have a great personality....so from the sounds of things you better look good! :P
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

thompson2
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Sorry, they ain't gonna marry just anybody. You need to look good or at least have a great personality....so from the sounds of things you better look good!
And in many cases you have to be a virgin. :P

registered
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:01 am

Many professions have had EXTREMELY favourable incorporated tax treatments and raises since the early 2000s....
That's so early 2000s. I've never seen organizations package out VPs at the rate of the last two years. Unless those are the newly unemployed picking up golden parachute homes, colour me skeptical.
the dogs bark but the caravan moves on

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:57 am

Thompson:
And in many cases you have to be a virgin.
Hahahaha.... well then he definitely has a chance. :mrgreen:

Kootenay
Real Estate Talker

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:11 pm

I could buy almost 80 acres with a new 4400 sq.ft. house for less than half of that 3 million. What a waste.
Last edited by Kootenay on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:22 pm

....^ I'll bet you think it's a waste.
But someone who wants Vancouver is gonna think that paying $300 ~ $400 K for a half acre in the Kootenays is equally a waste as well. :mrgreen:

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:41 pm

But someone who wants Vancouver is gonna think that paying $300 ~ $400 K for a half acre in the Kootenays is equally a waste as well. :mrgreen:
That's true, I'd die of boredom in the countryside but I do understand why some people prefer it to city life. Just as well too, otherwise Vancouver homes would cost much more than they already do!
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:02 pm

Yes, there is always two sides to any story.
Variety is the spice of life. :P

DAB
Real Estate Talker

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:52 am

I could buy almost 80 acres with a new 4400 sq.ft. house for less than half of that 3 million. What a waste.
If it's in the boonies, sorry you wouldn't be able to pay me to live there.

DAB
Real Estate Talker

Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:56 am

That's true, I'd die of boredom in the countryside but I do understand why some people prefer it to city life. Just as well too, otherwise Vancouver homes would cost much more than they already do!
Totally agree. Different people have different thinking. I know a friend who lives on the far east side of Maple Ridge, middle of nowhere. 15 minutes to gas station but he's got land. Asked him if he likes it there. Yes!! Reason is because of quietness and privacy. I can see living there for a week as a vacation getaway is ok, but anything more than that....I'll be looking to move back in the city ASAP!

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:30 pm

$3,000,000 tear down!.....fawk. :shock:

$3,000,000 is more than most people will ever make in their lifetime. :shock:

Let's be serious for a moment.... that's a lot of money.
And the owner is gonna tear it down to build a new house? :shock:

What is that, a 50 foot wide lot? :shock:

Well ok, the s.a.v.v.y. people have tried to point out that something is going on here, in Vancouver, that is different.

This is certainly not "affordable" by Canadian standards. Would anybody else venture to explain why we are witnessing such a sustained disconnect between affordability and prices. :shock:

red_lantern
Real Estate Talker

Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Tear Down? or burn down Like that mansion in Lions Bay that wasn't selling! Hmmm..

Lucy~~you have some explaining to do...LOL

tedeastside
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:46 am

Vancouver is not a big city it's a boring small town with no economy and nothing to do
pay a million dollars for small town fun LOL !!!!only small townish vancouverites think it's a city because they never travel

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 am

Why on earth would you want to travel when Vancouver is the Best Place On Earth?
Ski and sail and sun bathe....all on the same day... yes!!!

Or would you rather be putting out brush fires in California?
Or freezing in New York?
Or starving as 48 million people are on food stamps in the good 'ol U.S. of A....home of the hungry. :mrgreen:

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:19 am

Vancouver is not a big city it's a boring small town with no economy and nothing to do
pay a million dollars for small town fun LOL !!!!only small townish vancouverites think it's a city because they never travel
So Vancouver home owners are all "small townish" and "never travel". Wow, and here I was thinking that we were a city of immigrants. :shock:

I have also been told that a lot of our high-end home purchasers are from Mainland China. I guess they must all come from the small villages and coming here was their first ever flight and their first visit to a city. Who would thought there was so much money to be made by poor folks working in paddy fields? :roll:
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.