This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Re: Best deal in the lower mainland

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Thompson & Semven, I don't have an exit strategy, I'm hoping they will perfect whole-body transplants in time for me. :D
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 pm

Women entering the workforce will mitigate your theory a bit Geyser as far as University and employment bulges go, as well as the introduction of the computers in relation to employment absorption.
The idea is sound with relation to downsized peoples target home and destination though...imo
The university and employment bulges I was referring to have already passed through the snake but the home downsizing, hospital, retirement homes and funeral parlor bulges still lay ahead and I expect them to be significant.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

semven
Real Estate Talker

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:44 am

Women entering the workforce will mitigate your theory a bit Geyser as far as University and employment bulges go, as well as the introduction of the computers in relation to employment absorption.
The idea is sound with relation to downsized peoples target home and destination though...imo
The university and employment bulges I was referring to have already passed through the snake but the home downsizing, hospital, retirement homes and funeral parlor bulges still lay ahead and I expect them to be significant.
It`s interesting...I wonder if some of these development sites that are slated for condo development might start swinging toward senior themed MFH forms.

Bet they do, if transit is decent

rofina
Real Estate Talker

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:11 pm

It`s interesting...I wonder if some of these development sites that are slated for condo development might start swinging toward senior themed MFH forms.

Bet they do, if transit is decent

Completely anecdotal of course, but driving around Vancouver and West Vancouver I am seeing more luxury retirement homes popping up than ever. I also know that many of the desirable homes have years of waiting lists already. Its a solid market to look into.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:19 am

Yep, there are a lot of my decrepit cohorts out there and the boomers are a much bigger crowd following right behind us. I agree that transit and any other form of convenience, like proximity to shopping, restaurants and hospitals are serious considerations when planning your twilight years.

I know a couple of folks who lost their driver's licences and it was extremely traumatic for them. Moving to a more central location was no longer an option it quickly became an absolute necessity. When you look at the statistics regarding aging boomers it's hard to imagine that their impact on all nature of products and services will be anything less than dramatic.

thinktom
Real Estate Talker

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:07 pm

I think Patrick lives in Surrey
D'ya think so? :lol:
Personally I'd love to hear some of Patricks proven RE investments. Over to you, Pat!

(I'd be willing to bet his youtube account is more active than his bank account.)

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:31 pm

I think Patrick lives in Surrey
D'ya think so? :lol:
Personally I'd love to hear some of Patricks proven RE investments. Over to you, Pat!

(I'd be willing to bet his youtube account is more active than his bank account.)
:mrgreen:

But that's okay, he's already explained to us that a good personality trumps financial success. Who needs an investment analyst who knows how to make money when instead you can have a poor one with a good personality?