This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

PatrickGunville
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Government effect on market

Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Does the government have any say on the market?
Last edited by PatrickGunville on Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

semven
Real Estate Talker

Re: Why government will not save Vancouver real estate marke

Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

Dont worry Pat

"Say huwo to my lil frien"
super realtor.JPG
super realtor.JPG (266.97 KiB) Viewed 2542 times

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:39 pm

Hey Patrick, your tender age, your recent acquisition of a realtor's licence, your apparent lack of credentials or personal financial success, and your recent contradictory proclamations about how home prices in Surrey were poised to "explode upwards", all conspire to undermine my confidence in your ability to offer sound investment advice.

I believe that you worked as a roofer for Roofix Services and a cook for Moxie's Grill but neither of those positions would seem to qualify you as a financial advisor or global political analyst. The only pertinent "qualification" which you appear to have is your recently acquired realtor's licence but you have devalued that piece of paper by telling us that realtors will use every lie in the book to make a sale and that realtors are just sales people who know little or nothing about markets.

So my question remains - "why should we regard your advice as any more valid than that of the local barber or taxi driver?

once again here are some of your earlier quotes:
If you purchase a property directly from a selling realtor, they do not represent you, or your interest at all, and have no legal obligation towards you. They will tell every lie in the book in order to sell you that property on the spot for twice the normal commission.

The real estate industry is a “sales” industry. Realtors’ jobs are not to question the market, but to sell properties. Most have no idea what the market is doing.
Then, after telling us that other realtors are uninformed liars, your website says this:
I am an investor and real estate agent in Greater Vancouver and Fraser Valley. I’ll tell you the truth about the market, and what I think you should do with your money. I don’t buy into all the mainstream hype, or bubble-mania, if you will.
But you appeared to be buying into all the hype about never ending price growth when you posted this:
http://www.adhoards.com/real-estate/rea ... c-3008.htm

"Buy a home, and watch equity explode upwards as Surrey continues its rapid development. Or create passive income by 
buying a rental property, and have the tenant pay your mortgage and provide you with abit of pocket money each month, while your equity builds behind the scenes."
Now, just a few months later, we see you warning about the coming apocalypse. Which of your contradictory claims should people believe? Do you currently still insist that Surrey prices are poised to explode upwards despite your belief that Vancouver is about to collapse, or would you tell them that you were wrong, your advice was bad and you now think they are going to experience heavy losses on any property you recently persuaded them to buy in Surrey?

You have told us how dishonest and uninformed other realtors are and you present yourself as a knowledgable investor who can tell people what to do with their money, but you shy away from providing details of any educational qualifications or other achievements which might qualify you as an investment advisor.

On your site you claim to follow the principals of Robert Kiyosaki, I'm not sure that's a good thing to brag about. Are you aware of his recent bankruptcy and the 2010 investigation where CBC looked into suspected deceptive practices relating to his real estate get-rich-quick schemes? If you really do follow his principles I would take that as a huge red flag about the type of advice you might dispense.

'Rich Dad' seminars deceptive: Marketplace
Last Updated: Monday, February 1, 2010 | 1:33 PM ET CBC News
http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2010/01/28 ... place.html

Why are you so reluctant to reveal any details about your actual qualifications as a financial advisor/analyst of global political trends and macro-economics? Surely, even if you are only an MBA or a CA, or if all you have a verifiable record of investment successes, even that would be very important information to share with the potential clients you appear to be trolling for.

Most folks on this forum have little to gain by posting their views and predictions but many of the posters have gained some credibility because they stay away from making brash claims about their own special abilities and they shy away from making predictions with the kind of absolute certainty which you project. You were recently certain that Surrey prices were about to explode upwards but now you are equally certain that the Canadian real estate market is poised for a collapse of apocalyptic proportions.

Do you see the problem I have with taking anything you say seriously? Your youthful inexperience and the "know-it-all" style of your absurdly contradictory pronouncements make you appear poorly informed and mildly ridiculous. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but I believe your posts on this forum, combined with all your other information which is readily available on the Internet, all conspire to seriously undermine what little credibility you had when you first showed up here. Unfortunately, once something is online it's very hard to remove it and much of this stuff will continue to pop up for years when anybody searches your name.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Hey Patrick, I just noticed that you're doing it again! (The self contradiction thing.)

Today you chose yet another group to smear as self-serving liars, you point out how these "psychopaths" use their charming personalities to deceive their victims:
They are able to lie with a straight face, and actually be the most incredibly charming, endearing, cheerful, warm and radiant personality you would ever meet. They are masters of deception, who manipulate and control others for their own gain. Today, our politicians main job is to gain the confidence of voters. They are confidence men, or con-men
Your words immediately reminded me of your response to my questions about your qualifications and personal financial achievements:
"I think personality says a lot more than financial success."
Oh the irony! :lol:
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Patrick, you took both barrels of your own gun in the ass.
Go away and take the rest of the Huffers with you. :P
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

Warren12
Real Estate Talker

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:34 pm

Patrick is half a step away from "9/11 was an inside job!" posts. I look forward to them.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Warren, dont be surprised, there appears to be huge contradictions in the official account. :shock:
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:11 pm

And don't get me started about the moon landing, the Kennedy assassination and Princess Dianna. :shock: