This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

presale
Real Estate Talker

Presale

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:58 pm

[quote="burrardstudio"]Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:39 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Age / Location / Occupation
2) What real estate do you own?
3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
4) Anything else?

1) 36/Burnaby/Market Researcher
2) Home in Burnaby Heights (bought in 1998, it has doubled in 7 years), bought (1995) and sold a property in Surrey (2003). It was a cash flow property, I should have held it, but learned from my mistakes and now am looking to purchase more real e
3) I think the Vancouver long-term will continue to increase but may have slight dips, here and there which you have to be in a position to ride it out.
4) Am looking currently at investing in Squamish.

state as an equity builder so I can be mortgage free quickly
[/b]

awum
Real Estate Talker

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:31 pm

3) What's your view on the market going forward? Buyer or seller? Which parts of the market?
4) Anything else?

1) 40 / Vancouver West End / HR (Human Resources) Manager
2) None. I'm renting, though I'd rather not. I make good money but I just can't afford to buy what I need.
3) Real prices are at historic highs, and all the signs I see suggest some kind of a correction.
4) A correction sooner rather than later would be a good thing.

vanreal
Real Estate Talker

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:24 pm

4) Anything else?

1) 34/eastside vancouver commercial dr./CA
2)own single family home
3)I think we are due for a small correction but this may not come for several years. The 90's were flat as far as real estate prices in this city and we are making up for it now. I don't see the city proper becoming any more affordable.
4)I don't hope for any particular scenario. I hope prices don't drop drastically because then we are in a depression and we are all in major trouble.

rising2thetop
Real Estate Talker

Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:18 pm

1)29/coquitlam/entrepreneur
2) detached house in coquitlam, detached house in port coquitlam, apartment in port moody, detached house in nanaimo
3) There might be a slight correction but prices won't drop that much.

SouthOKRealtor
Real Estate Talker

Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:02 am

4) Anything else?

1) 46/S. Okanagan/Realtor
2) Rural home
3) Market seems to continue to climb here as more people are retiring to the S. Okanagan=more construction=more jobs=spin-off jobs=...well, Oliver and Osoyoos continue to grow. More condos are being built, which is good for the entry level or first time buyer.
4) Glad to have found this list, it's good to get other opinions of what people think is going on in the market.

Yoree
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:24 pm

4) Anything else?

1) 26 / Vancouver / Photographer
2) None. Still renting
3) I have no idea. I joined to see what's everyone's opinion on this matter
4) I've been watching the market for couple years by now ... From the time when Yaletown Towers were just introduced and 136G for a shoe box condo was outrageous. Not they're selling for double if not triple ...

I'm ready to buy a small condo for myself in Vancouver East or Burnaby area ...

Blake
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:37 pm

4) Anything else?

1. 22 / Langley / entrepreneur - aspiring realtor and RE investor

2. Just bought a 2 bedroom / 934 sq/ft pre-construction in Port Moody. Moving in in Feb 07.

3. As the vast majority of consumers can no longer afford housing in the city, something's gotta give. There are only a handful of locales in the Lower Mainland that I would consider good investments.

pencampwr
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:07 pm

4) Anything else?

1) 36/ New Westminster, BC/ Educator
2) Single family home
3) I think the market is going to keep moving forward but am a little wary of GVRD condo market as the market seems flooded or soon to be.
4) Interested in getting a rental investment property in BC and possibly a flipper. I'm also considering the Edmonton market.

nestingtree
Real Estate Talker

Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:18 pm

New and looking to learn more. Owner of several properties in Vancouver and on the gulf islands.

riptide
Real Estate Talker

Introduction

Sat May 06, 2006 2:20 am

Removed it !
Last edited by riptide on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AnglerBob

Sun May 14, 2006 1:27 pm

4) Anything else?

1) 47/Southern California/music industry
2) townhouse locally, home in Maple Ridge
3) I have no idea!
4) Fell in love with Vancouver many years ago – the fishing, the food, the culture, the friendly people. Been a frequent visitor ever since, and am now happy to own a little home in the area.

RamonZ

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:43 pm

4) Anything else?

1) 37 / Burnaby, BC / Hi Tech
2) Single house, Metrotown area, Burnaby
3) There will be a correction no later than 2007. Looking to buy second property.
4) I've been reading this form for 6+month, love it!

HACreative
Real Estate Talker

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:54 am

4) Anything else?
I'm 35 and the wife will always be 21...
We live in surrey now, but move all over the GVRD...(east van, down town,Landner, south surrey, surrey... all in just three years)
We both have day jobs...But our real job is buying low and selling High!
We own two houses at the moment. Both in Surrey.

The market will go up! (allways does eventually) If your buying just to live in it, don't worry about the market, if you can afford it, Buy it! if your investing, buy low... Sell high. and don't stay in too long.

I hope the market go "pop" I'll be the one buying low...
:D

wunderkind
Real Estate Talker

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 am

Just dropping by to say hello.

Wife and I are both 30. Recently relocated here from Toronto. Now bought a house in Pitt Meadows (what a lovely quiet town!). Lived in Yaletown for almost a year. Nice but noisy and small.
I don't really care about the RE market as I buy to live and am not a speculator/investor. But it's fun to read the rumors/news factoids.

Van Housing Blogger
Real Estate Talker

Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:22 am

Hi,

I've been around here for awhile, but have never posted my background. So here it is:

mid 30s, downtown, Blogger

zippo. Free and clear, baby!

Market will turn down substantially over next 5 years. First, downtown condos, then this feeds into SFH as the move-up market suffers.

4) Anything else?

I moved back here in late 2004. Life plan is to live downtown for about 5 years, then move into a SFH. Two ways to do this: the property ladder route (ie buy condo downtown, then use equity to move-up to SFH) or the renting route (rent, save the difference, use pot o' cash as downpayment to buy SFH). I went with the second route. When 2009 hits, we'll see if this was wise or not . . .
"If the blogger is right . . . then 1000 people are wrong." Bob Rennie, Vancouver Magazine, June 2006.