This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

jesse1
Real Estate Talker

Re: Richmond house prices have risen 225% in 10 years.

Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:57 am

AFAIK Sprott allows you to redeem your units into physical gold instead of cash when you sell - they will fedex you gold bars equal to the $ that you sold your units for on that day.
Yeah, the only point I'm making is that you own the gold, not futures, even if it's just a piece of paper. I for one like wearing my gold but that's a personal preference. One could almost say I live in it.

thomasbeyer2000
Real Estate Talker

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:22 pm

And income for people who traditionally buy such units has increased by how much during the same time?
Well, today those homes are owned by "non-traditional" people, namely folks that came here with cash and have incomes from abroad, i.e. Asia [but also, in lesser numbers, S-America, E-Europe or Africa]. I do not see this trend of rising house prices in Vancouver to end until this in-migration stops .. likely not until 2050 when the world population is forecasted to be peaking and Canada has perhaps 50,000,000+ people !

People come here because the scenery is spectacular, air is clean, flights are plentiful, low corruption, law & order, great education K-12-Uni .. and because house prices are still reasonable compared to other world class cities like Singapore, London, New York, Munich, Paris, Moscow, HongKong ..

Yours Sincerely,
Thomas Beyer, President - www.prestprop.com
Prestigious Properties Group
T: 604-564-7673 E: tbeyer@prestprop.com

thomasbeyer2000
Real Estate Talker

Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:25 pm

.. condo prices are way out of whack.
not really as they top locations with views in W-Van, English Bay, Coal Harbor, N-Van, UBC are almost all built out .. and sell for $1000/foot .. vs. lesser locales like Burnaby, New West, Surrey are one third of it in the $300's/foot .. NOT OVERPRICED AT ALL !

Location, location, location ...

Yours Sincerely,

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:50 pm

.. condo prices are way out of whack.
not really as they top locations with views in W-Van, English Bay, Coal Harbor, N-Van, UBC are almost all built out .. and sell for $1000/foot .. vs. lesser locales like Burnaby, New West, Surrey are one third of it in the $300's/foot .. NOT OVERPRICED AT ALL !

Location, location, location ...

Yours Sincerely,
and people like living here.