This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Re: Had lunch with Semven, Thompson & Horton.

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:08 pm

Reallyreal wrote:
Let me answer your question with a question.

Why did this forum live prior to whipmaster's arrival? Who knows? Who cares? He's annoying. For the record, Taipan was annoying. 

It's interesting that you constantly qualify negative comments about whipmaster with "might well" and "suspect"?

My point was not that the forum couldn't survive without Whipmaster, I was merely commenting on whether or not his posts caused a net reduction in activity on the forum. I "suspect" it "might well" do so, but the demise of some Whippy free forums suggests otherwise. I'm not about to declare his posts a destructive force when the evidence is unconvincing.

The very act of you attacking him and drawing me into the debate indicates that his presence may actually increase activity on this forum.

Reallyreal wrote:
 tedeastside, whipmaster, redlantern are all the same type of person with the same level of annoyance. the fact that a person chooses to defend one and criticize another says more about said person than the posters. They are all annoying. Or none of them are annoying.

Yes, it does say something about me. It says that I don't have a binary mind, I see shades of grey which were obviously invisible to you when you wrote "They are all annoying. Or none of them are annoying." Apparently, in your world, all things are black or white, 1 or 0. Too bad, you are missing a lot.

Reallyreal wrote:
but hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

That's right, and that includes all the folks you find objectionable, including Whipmaster.
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm

Rofina wrote:
I think a pretty fair unbiased gauge is whether any moderated online community, real estate related or not, would tolerate posts by someone like Whipmaster. The answer is a definitive no.

There is little doubt that numerous posters on this forum would never survive moderation, so what? We all still come here because we presumably gain some satisfaction from our visits. If all the posters who are guilty of irritating others were banned the site would die, just like some of the Whippy-free sites I referred to.

Rofina:
I also don't agree that other bear blogs are dead, VCI is still going strong, though admittedly its even more right leaning than ever.

Here is what Condohype posted when it folded in early 2009:
"After more than 24 months, 200 posts and millions in disappeared market value, Condohype is in foreclosure.  This is my last post.  Falling prices and a contracting economy have humbled the Vancouver real estate fantasia.  The changing conditions of the market make my brand of comedy less funny.  Irony is my weapon of choice and there’s no irony in watching an inflated economy collapse.  It is the natural course."

"Things by Coco" shut down around the same time.

"Vancouver RE and Then Some" closure notice:
"Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Got to shut it down for now...
Sorry friends I have to close the blog for now due to personal circumstances."

"Vancouver Flippers in Trouble" fell silent last September.

"The Economic Analyst" died in April 2013.

There are probably others but I can't remember their names.

Rofina:
What I think the entire shift is indicative of is that lots of people are packing up and leaving the city in favour of greener, more fair pastures. This is reflected in the type of people that come to post on an Van RE website.

I'm not convinced that our population is shrinking but I do understand why unemployables like Tedeastside, and other underachievers might be forced to move to lower rent cities. Perhaps they were the majority of posters on the now defunct bear sites. Other prominent bears have been beaten into submission and have retreated into humiliated seclusion.

Most of the posting activity on this website is from Whipmaster himself, its strange and unhealthy. I'm surprised you don't have anything curious to say about a member that makes dozens of threads and post in them continuously talking to himself. Bizarre, no?

I did comment, but apparently it doesn't count unless it's an aggressive assault on his style. Truth is, I find many of his posts entertaining. Sorry 'bout that. :mrgreen:
In fond memory of Taipan, a model of modesty, decency, dignity and tolerance. Long may we all prosper from the tremendous legacy of worldly wisdom and specialized real estate knowledge which he left in the "Arguments" thread.

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Geyser wrote:
Reallyreal wrote:
 tedeastside, whipmaster, redlantern are all the same type of person with the same level of annoyance. the fact that a person chooses to defend one and criticize another says more about said person than the posters. They are all annoying. Or none of them are annoying.

Yes, it does say something about me. It says that I don't have a binary mind, I see shades of grey which were obviously invisible to you when you wrote "They are all annoying. Or none of them are annoying." Apparently, in your world, all things are black or white, 1 or 0. Too bad, you are missing a lot.

LOL - I'd love to meet you one day. I would find it interesting if you would have this attitude when chatting to someone face to face? Probably not.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:57 pm

If somebody tells me something that sounds a bit silly, why wouldn't I point it out in a face to face situation???

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Geyser wrote:
If somebody tells me something that sounds a bit silly, why wouldn't I point it out in a face to face situation???

In that case, I'm sure the people that sit across the table from you, never stop pointing at you.

Trust me, a lot of what you type is silly.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:18 pm

reallyreal wrote:
Geyser wrote:

In that case, I'm sure the people that sit across the table from you, never stop pointing at you.

Trust me, a lot of what you type is silly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trust me, I've never said anything quite as silly as your recent pronouncement:
But under some hypothetical, if the market crashes (which it never will),

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your statement that
"They are all annoying. Or none of them are annoying."
was pretty good too. :lol:

You still haven't explained why you think my "attitude" towards binary thinking would differ "face to face".

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:30 pm

You have a 30 page thread arguing with someone - that is "sillier" than anything I have said.

get a life.

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:35 pm

reallyreal wrote:
You have a 30 page thread arguing with someone - that is "sillier" than anything I have said.

get a life.

Did you notice how many of the posts on that 30 page thread were from other people? obviously it garnered a lot of interest.

BTW, you still haven't answered my previous question.

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:36 am

Geyser to reallystupid:
BTW, you still haven't answered my previous Question.

....we are all waiting :mrgreen:
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:08 am

hope you and geyser are holding your breath in anticipation...

WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:34 am

no, we see that you have already folded like a "cheap suit" and waved the white flag. 8)
Hoo~Cudda~Not~Nod~ed????? :-)

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:11 am

WhipMaster wrote:
no, we see that you have already folded like a "cheap suit" and waved the white flag. 8)

:lol: Reallyreal is using an old army technique, it's called "Survival, Evasion and Escape". Taipan survived for a while by using the evasion tactics when I asked my question about how an illiterate buffoon could graduate from university. He finally escaped but was severely wounded when his lies were exposed. He now lives quietly on a heavily moderated ski forum from Sun Peaks. :lol:

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:12 am

Geyser wrote:
WhipMaster wrote:

:lol: Reallyreal is using an old army technique, it's called "Survival, Evasion and Escape". Taipan survived for a while by using the evasion tactics when I asked my question about how an illiterate buffoon could graduate from university. He finally escaped but was severely wounded when his lies were exposed. He now lives quietly on a heavily moderated ski forum from Sun Peaks. :lol:

LOL - you are using an old technique called the smokescreen. Always deflecting the argument to your needs to suit your agenda.

FYI - you STILL haven't responded to my original question of "biased much?" So it appears you have been practicing that old army technique of "Survival, Evasion and Escape"..... are you at the bus station picking up a one way ticket to Sun Peaks?

:D

Geyser
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:52 pm

reallyreal wrote:
Geyser wrote:
WhipMaster wrote:

LOL - you are using an old technique called the smokescreen. Always deflecting the argument to your needs to suit your agenda.

FYI - you STILL haven't responded to my original question of "biased much?" So it appears you have been practicing that old army technique of "Survival, Evasion and Escape"..... are you at the bus station picking up a one way ticket to Sun Peaks?

:D

Okay, let's knock down that rather transparent straw man.

Yes, of course I'm biased, are you suggesting that you are not? Almost everybody carries all sorts of biases based on their personal experiences, what they were taught (religion & politics), their ethnic origins and a whole host of other things. My biases are obviously different to yours but that's probably related to you having less experience and a lower IQ score.

Now will you finally stop avoiding my question and explain to me why you think my attitude towards your silly statements would change in a face to face exchange? (I think I know the answer and the reason for your sudden shyness but I'd like to hear it from you.)

While your at it, please also explain your stated belief that the Vancouver real estate market will never crash. That should be entertaining to read. :lol:

Final comment:
Biases can change and can even disappear, but stupid is forever! :lol:

reallyreal
Real Estate Talker

Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Because you behave that way (which I doubt you ever would in real life) and someone will eventually punch you in the head.

My comment about real estate never crashing was sarcasm - apologies if that flew over your head.... I will assume you are stupid going forward...which brings me to my next point.

Stupid is forever? ... you must be speaking from personal experience. Hey - at least you know you're stupid! :D