This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Re: Jimtan tracker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Dear yz,

I maintain a continuous narrative.

To be honest, I don't see any value in your contribution. You just cut and paste a mess of stuff. That is not evidence. Try this.

Start with a precise proposition. Then, expand and explain using a model and supporting analysis.

Steve works with a simple cash flow model. Debt and RE prices correlate. It's sufficient for his work as a realtor.

Finally, refine your narrative to a conclusion or prognosis. For example, government intervention has changed the game. How will it affect different price segments and geographic markets?

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:55 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
My dear. I wonder if you have ever been self-serving when you 'debate' as a bull?

Fact is that it takes a special knack to anticipate a market turn. My record is pretty good since 2007. Those who have followed me have no regrets.

NO, we post facts with #'s to back it up, not pull garbage out of our ass to "debate" ETB posts actual sales and I post actual statistics.  We never talked about Donald Trump or the moon landings.
A broken clock is right twice a day, don't try to sound like you are smart. Any gains you made were by pure fluke, just like the rest of us. If any of us knew the market timing we would all be multi million airs (we are actually except you)
You sold early, wasted money on transaction costs and you bought back into the same market. Sounds to me like you are a idiot. When you complete on your condo all of a sudden it will be a bull market and buying was the smartest thing to do. People like you are a joke.

I knew when to buy. That was when I could afford to.
Selling is a different animal. You have to have a reason. If that reason is to time the market bottom and re-buy later (aka greed) then you get what you deserve.

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:17 pm

jimtan wrote:
Dear yz,

To be honest, I don't see any value in your contribution. You just cut and paste a mess of stuff. That is not evidence. Try this.

Start with a precise proposition. Then, expand and explain using a model and supporting analysis.

Steve works with a simple cash flow model. Debt and RE prices correlate. It's sufficient for his work as a realtor.

Finally, refine your narrative to a conclusion or prognosis. For example, government intervention has changed the game. How will it affect different price segments and geographic markets?

Is Steve your lover or something?
starting to make sense now.. with all your randomness.

jimtan wrote:

In autumn of 2015, I contacted a realtor. She wanted me to sell then. I said spring 2016.

So, we sell in March 2016 for another $200k. Applause.

Lol you are such a tool. Read back what you actually wrote, you contacted someone in the autumn and she had the audacity to ask you to sell. She must have missed the part when you contacted her for some good company. +200K from Nov-March on a 600K apartment. That's some appreciation there. Do the math %

Cool story bro. 

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:52 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:

Selling is a different animal. You have to have a reason. If that reason is to time the market bottom and re-buy later (aka greed) then you get what you deserve.

You shouldn't be quoting a limited person like yz.

I'm not asking you to sell. As a long term resident, you should buy and hold. That said, you mustn't count your chickens before they hatch.

You must learn to be objective. Don't become a bull troll. Don't encourage newbies to buy at this time, after a huge move based on zero real interest rates. RE operates in cycles.

I'm pointing out that they are risks at this late stage of the bull cycle. Lo and behold, the governments are responding.

Finally, you must think clearly ahead. You're not a business genius or tech wizard. A rampaging market leaves you further behind. Should you need a bigger house, what are your options?

You'll end up downgrading to Burnaby or Surrey like everyone else. Or, will you buy an investment​ property and hope for the best?

The best chance for a better life for 95% of the residents is to change the game. I hope that you will read through the Intervention thread and the Foreign Buyers thread.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
Dear yz,

jimtan wrote:

In autumn of 2015, I contacted a realtor. She wanted me to sell then. I said spring 2016.

Lol you are such a tool. Read back what you actually wrote, you contacted someone in the autumn and she had the audacity to ask you to sell. She must have missed the part when you contacted her for some good company. +200K from Nov-March on a 600K apartment. That's some appreciation there. Do the math %

Cool story bro. 

Lol at the lover thing

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:57 pm

jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

You shouldn't be quoting a limited person like yz.

I'm not asking you to sell. As a long term resident, you should buy and hold. That said, you mustn't count your chickens before they hatch.

You must learn to be objective. Don't become a bull troll. Don't encourage newbies to buy at this time, after a huge move based on zero real interest rates. RE operates in cycles.

I'm pointing out that they are risks at this late stage of the bull cycle. Lo and behold, the governments are responding.

Finally, you must think clearly ahead. You're not a business genius or tech wizard. A rampaging market leaves you further behind. Should you need a bigger house, what are your options?

You'll end up downgrading to Burnaby or Surrey like everyone else. Or, will you buy an investment​ property and hope for the best?

The best chance for a better life for 95% of the residents is to change the game. I hope that you will read through the Intervention thread and the Foreign Buyers thread.

Lots of options . He can sell his own place without paying taxes and use that for a down on a bigger one in vancouver

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:14 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
Dear yz,

jimtan wrote:

Cool story bro. 

You don't make sense. Come back when you're sober and serious. LoL

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:15 pm

jimtan wrote:

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

He's going to change the game. He'll either be a hero or a big dummy. Stay tuned.

So in your infinite wisdom, you timed the top of the Condo market in Q1 of 2016. And you "exit" calling all the bulls idiots.

But now you have a presale Condo that you are about to complete on this fall? Supposedly while the condo market is crashing according to you?

Then you mention that there's always some noob buying at the top. According to you 2016 was the top and that's why you sold your first condo only to buy another before it crashes?

Are you for real mentally challenged?

2000sqft
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:20 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

He's going to change the game. He'll either be a hero or a big dummy. Stay tuned.

So in your infinite wisdom, you timed the top of the Condo market in Q1 of 2016. And you "exit" calling all the bulls idiots.

But now you have a presale Condo that you are about to complete on this fall? Supposedly while the condo market is crashing according to you?

Then you mention that there's always some noob buying at the top. According to you 2016 was the top and that's why you sold your first condo only to buy another before it crashes?

Are you for real mentally challenged?

I think he is. Just ignore him. I and others hear what you are saying but he is so oblivious from his ego. No sense talking to a brick wall...he's already written his obituary
To the moon and beyond!...at $2000 per sq ft

VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:02 pm

ETB made this thread just to put Jim down? and for what? not selling at the peak? lol - such a pathetic thread.

who cares if you don't sell at the peak, he cashed out, he is not in the market no longer. This is hindsight, you would not have posted this if condo prices have gone down.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:15 pm

VanBullBear wrote:
ETB made this thread just to put Jim down? and for what? not selling at the peak? lol - such a pathetic thread.

who cares if you don't sell at the peak, he cashed out, he is not in the market no longer. This is hindsight, you would not have posted this if condo prices have gone down.

Everyone cares that he made the wrong choice

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:53 pm

yzfr1 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

Except he din't cash out, he sold and bought right back in.

The moral conundrum of claiming selling and peak and buying right back into the peak.

I know its flabbergasting.. sometimes it takes a second read.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:19 pm

VanBullBear wrote:

+1