This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Jimtan tracker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:56 pm

So our braniac Jimtan sold his condo in early April 2016 hoping for a collapse in the markets so he could turn it into a detached.
Lets see how he's doing

April 2016 E Vancouver detached
$1,345,400

March 2017 E Vancouver detached
$1,452,200

Doh! You're now $107,000 behind and losing money every month.
No wonder your tone is getting more desperate by the day.

Ill update this tracker periodically.

VanLord
Real Estate Talker

Re: Jimtan tracker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:24 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
So our braniac Jimtan sold his condo in early April 2016 hoping for a collapse in the markets so he could turn it into a detached.
Lets see how he's doing

$1,345,400

$1,452,200

at least he's got cold hard cash, the rest of us are just sitting on paper gains !

2000sqft
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:33 pm

you mean there are sales and prices are not collapsing???

Subscribing to this....
To the moon and beyond!...at $2000 per sq ft

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:38 pm

VanLord wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
Lets see how he's doing

$1,345,400

$1,452,200

at least he's got cold hard cash, the rest of us are just sitting on paper gains !

A condo for a few years. $150,000 profit is generous - borrowing cost, realtor, closing costs. Like jimtan said.. you sell now what. Now he's renting and burning through his gains.

If he invests in the stock market he will be bankrupt friday from all the financial sense he's been stating.

I can't stress enough, you need somewhere to live!! That will never change. Unless you are ready to cash out forever.

westcoastfella
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:14 am

as far as this board knows, Jim had a condo, and is only interested in the condo market.  The SFH market means little to him, other than as a measure of social injustice, so tracking how much he is up or down based on that metric means little.

If he invests in the stock market he will be bankrupt friday from all the financial sense he's been stating. 

According to the "what would you do if trump wins" thread, Jim went to 85% cash around the time Trump was elected.  Never a good move to divest nearly everything based on something as common as an election result, but Jim loves to try and spot a trend...

However, I don't think these things matter.  One thing that I do believe about Jimbo is that he's old, so perhaps wealth accumulation means very little to him.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:37 am

HaHa. You guys are cute.

I fought off the bear trolls from 2008 to 2015. I can certainly fight off a couple of bull trolls.

FYI of the newbies, I joined the forum as a bear in 2007-8. In late 2008, I flipped to be a buyer. Purchased my two-bed on Marinaside Crescent in March 2009. Spoke bullish for 6 years.

In autumn of 2015, I contacted a realtor. She wanted me to sell then. I said spring 2016.

So, we sell in March 2016 for another $200k. Applause.

By a strange coincidence, I started the Should The Government Intervene thread ... When?

After I sold the apartment, other owners in the building went wild. The unit above mine listed for +$100k. Guess it didn't sell. Last month, that unit listed for $20k below my transacted price.

I'm told that it sold above listing. No problem. Still in the same ball park.

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

He's going to change the game. He'll either be a hero or a big dummy. Stay tuned.

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:52 am

ETB - how's that stock market crash working for you?  

LOL

Stick to guessing on Vancouver RE  :lol:

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:44 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
ETB - how's that stock market crash working for you?  

thats only for people that gamble on the stock market. intelligent people buy a home and live in it

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Topic Author

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:34 pm

jimtan wrote:
HaHa. You guys are cute.

I fought off the bear trolls from 2008 to 2015. I can certainly fight off a couple of bull trolls.

FYI of the newbies, I joined the forum as a bear in 2007-8. In late 2008, I flipped to be a buyer. Purchased my two-bed on Marinaside Crescent in March 2009. Spoke bullish for 6 years.

In autumn of 2015, I contacted a realtor. She wanted me to sell then. I said spring 2016.

By a strange coincidence, I started the Should The Government Intervene thread ... When?

After I sold the apartment, other owners in the building went wild. The unit above mine listed for +$100k. Guess it didn't sell. Last month, that unit listed for $20k below my transacted price.

Don't worry about me. I bought a one-bed pre-sale near Queen Elizabeth Park in autumn of 2015. Grasp! Walk through this summer.

Anyway, I don't need any more money. I'm preparing to exit. I'm worried about the kids. There's always some newbie buying at the top. BTW did you catch the latest news. Rrump is flexing his muscles.

He's going to change the game. He'll either be a hero or a big dummy. Stay tuned.

Spoke bullish until you sold, then spoke only bearish.
Your position is pretty self serving. You think the market should only behave according to your personal stake.
As youve witnessed since you sold, the market is not your puppet.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Just like united

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:28 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:

Your position is pretty self serving. You think the market should only behave according to your personal stake.

Well you can't blame Jizz-Man for thinking the market is his own personal puppet. Like a puppet this is a guy who's had a few fingers up his own ass

2000sqft
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:35 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
HaHa. You guys are cute.

Exactly...throw a few darts at a wall eventually one will stick and then thinks he knows how to call the market. Like those short sellers...get one right out of 100 and suddenly thinks they r an all star but no one asks about the 99 fails lol
To the moon and beyond!...at $2000 per sq ft

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:55 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
HaHa. You guys are cute.

My dear. I wonder if you have ever been self-serving when you 'debate' as a bull?

Fact is that it takes a special knack to anticipate a market turn. My record is pretty good since 2007. Those who have followed me have no regrets.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:56 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
HaHa. You guys are cute.

Well what else is there - can't get a record worse than it

yzfr1
Real Estate Talker

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:37 pm

jimtan wrote:
My dear. I wonder if you have ever been self-serving when you 'debate' as a bull?

Fact is that it takes a special knack to anticipate a market turn. My record is pretty good since 2007. Those who have followed me have no regrets.

NO, we post facts with #'s to back it up, not pull garbage out of our ass to "debate" ETB posts actual sales and I post actual statistics.  We never talked about Donald Trump or the moon landings.
A broken clock is right twice a day, don't try to sound like you are smart. Any gains you made were by pure fluke, just like the rest of us. If any of us knew the market timing we would all be multi million airs (we are actually except you)
You sold early, wasted money on transaction costs and you bought back into the same market. Sounds to me like you are a idiot. When you complete on your condo all of a sudden it will be a bull market and buying was the smartest thing to do. People like you are a joke.