This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS


Moderator: admin

 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:07 am

density in 5..4...3...2..

we're going to the moon! 

http://vancouver.ca/files/cov/joyce-col ... -07-20.pdf
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 5383
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:51 pm

Of course, the uneducated can only understand the past. What is the future? While Canada is behind the wave, it is catching up...

"There has been a growing pushback from Canadians who fear for their jobs, mimicking a trend seen in Europe and the United States. With unemployment levels higher than in previous years when economic growth was stronger, there is a negative stigma on immigration. Canadians are afraid immigrants will take jobs away from them. There have been various polls done throughout Canada suggesting that anywhere between 20 to 25 percent of the population believe that the immigration numbers are too high and are harming the country.[xvi] There has been a sharp backlash in the province of British Columbia (BC) where the Cultural Action Party of Canada (CAP) has been registered in advance of the upcoming provincial election. CAP, a federal anti-immigration party formed in 1997, promises to “promote English and French culture, adjust immigration and refugee policy, and hold a referendum to determine public opinion on repealing the multiculturalism act.”

The fundamentals have changed. Get with it.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:54 pm

http://www.rebgv.org/population-growth-takes

over a milion new  residents in a few dozen years.  

to the moon!
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 5383
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:28 pm

:mrgreen:

Who cares about Collingwood precinct? They can plan all they like. It's demographics that matter.

Fact is that you're scared. Just a 20% fall in condo prices would put you under. You're in denial.  :!:
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:30 pm

1 million in growth http://www.movinginalivableregion.ca/metro-vancouver-1-million-regional-growth-needs-transportation/   to the moon!
 
VanBullBear
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:26 pm

jimtan wrote:
:mrgreen:

Who cares about Collingwood precinct? They can plan all they like. It's demographics that matter.

Fact is that you're scared. Just a 20% fall in condo prices would put you under. You're in denial.  :!:

Jim, this is a lost cause, my advice is to ignore and stop feeding the troll. Deep down tdma knows that the market is in a downturn, nobody is actually this blind or dense. He is just trying to get a rise out of other posters here because he is a troll and that's what they do. Don't waste another minute of your life on this person. I truly pity this person who has the time to constantly post garbage comments here on an hourly basis, fishing for a reaction... He is a lonely person, and it's apparent. 
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:29 pm

 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 5383
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:53 pm

VanBullBear wrote:
jimtan wrote:
:mrgreen:

Who cares about Collingwood precinct? They can plan all they like. It's demographics that matter.

Fact is that you're scared. Just a 20% fall in condo prices would put you under. You're in denial.  :!:

Jim, this is a lost cause, my advice is to ignore and stop feeding the troll. Deep down tdma knows that the market is in a downturn, nobody is actually this blind or dense. He is just trying to get a rise out of other posters here because he is a troll and that's what they do. Don't waste another minute of your life on this person. I truly pity this person who has the time to constantly post garbage comments here on an hourly basis, fishing for a reaction... He is a lonely person, and it's apparent. 

Thanks for the advice. Just wanted to show him how stupid his references are. For example, from his latest link...

"Mr. Grant emphasized that the July 1, 2016, valuation date for properties is especially important because the housing market in and around Vancouver has cooled off since then...

The average price for detached properties sold in Greater Vancouver hit a peak of $1.83-million in January, 2016, and remained high in July at $1.76-million. In November, the average price for detached houses sold in Greater Vancouver decreased to $1.61-million..."

Thereby contradicting the moon guy. Guess he's just jealous that someone will be able to buy RE at a lower price than he had. Hope he takes this lesson with him to bed.  :roll:
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:51 am

 
eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:36 pm

jimtan wrote:
VanBullBear wrote:
jimtan wrote:
:mrgreen:

Who cares about Collingwood precinct? They can plan all they like. It's demographics that matter.

Fact is that you're scared. Just a 20% fall in condo prices would put you under. You're in denial.  :!:

Jim, this is a lost cause, my advice is to ignore and stop feeding the troll. Deep down tdma knows that the market is in a downturn, nobody is actually this blind or dense. He is just trying to get a rise out of other posters here because he is a troll and that's what they do. Don't waste another minute of your life on this person. I truly pity this person who has the time to constantly post garbage comments here on an hourly basis, fishing for a reaction... He is a lonely person, and it's apparent. 

Thanks for the advice. Just wanted to show him how stupid his references are. For example, from his latest link...

"Mr. Grant emphasized that the July 1, 2016, valuation date for properties is especially important because the housing market in and around Vancouver has cooled off since then...

The average price for detached properties sold in Greater Vancouver hit a peak of $1.83-million in January, 2016, and remained high in July at $1.76-million. In November, the average price for detached houses sold in Greater Vancouver decreased to $1.61-million..."

Thereby contradicting the moon guy. Guess he's just jealous that someone will be able to buy RE at a lower price than he had. Hope he takes this lesson with him to bed.  :roll:


Thats it? 10%?
I would have expected the discount to be more buyer friendly
 
jimtan
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 5383
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:40 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
Thats it? 10%?
I would have expected the discount to be more buyer friendly

:D
10% is pretty good right after the turn in the market. Huge de-acceleration and drama.  :shock:
We're on course for a 30% SFH drop by EOY 2017 or spring 2018. Good :?:
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:41 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
VanBullBear wrote:
Jim, this is a lost cause, my advice is to ignore and stop feeding the troll. Deep down tdma knows that the market is in a downturn, nobody is actually this blind or dense. He is just trying to get a rise out of other posters here because he is a troll and that's what they do. Don't waste another minute of your life on this person. I truly pity this person who has the time to constantly post garbage comments here on an hourly basis, fishing for a reaction... He is a lonely person, and it's apparent. 

Thanks for the advice. Just wanted to show him how stupid his references are. For example, from his latest link...

"Mr. Grant emphasized that the July 1, 2016, valuation date for properties is especially important because the housing market in and around Vancouver has cooled off since then...

The average price for detached properties sold in Greater Vancouver hit a peak of $1.83-million in January, 2016, and remained high in July at $1.76-million. In November, the average price for detached houses sold in Greater Vancouver decreased to $1.61-million..."

Thereby contradicting the moon guy. Guess he's just jealous that someone will be able to buy RE at a lower price than he had. Hope he takes this lesson with him to bed.  :roll:


Thats it? 10%?
I would have expected the discount to be more buyer friendly

coming out of the winter to the spring  we're going to the moon!!
 
eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:19 pm

jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
Thats it? 10%?
I would have expected the discount to be more buyer friendly

:D
10% is pretty good right after the turn in the market. Huge de-acceleration and drama.  :shock:
We're on course for a 30% SFH drop by EOY 2017 or spring 2018. Good :?:



Thats it bud, 10%.
We're now headed in the opposite direction youd hoped.
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Market is still falling.

Most of the sales you post is money laundering. Go ahead and list your house and tell me what you get - you will be crying.

LOL
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: How do you explain Vancouver plummeting and Toronto surging?

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:49 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
Thats it? 10%?
I would have expected the discount to be more buyer friendly

:D
10% is pretty good right after the turn in the market. Huge de-acceleration and drama.  :shock:
We're on course for a 30% SFH drop by EOY 2017 or spring 2018. Good :?:



Thats it bud, 10%.
We're now headed in the opposite direction youd hoped.

The collection of transactions that you post are solid
to the moon!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Feedfetcher, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests