This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS


Moderator: admin

 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:56 pm

educated people know that the market is always slow at this time of the year and not only that there are 30,000 people a year that need a place to live
 
ipsum
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:07 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:57 am

tdma800 wrote:
educated people know that the market is always slow at this time of the year and not only that there are 30,000 people a year that need a place to live

be real, not all 30000 people can afford a place here.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:14 pm

30,000 people all need a place to live, and only some will live with roommates.   Income is only a big deal if you have a sub 25% down payment lol
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:00 am

And the bad news just keeps coming and coming.... and you know this one is true because it is coming from real estate weekly.  

http://www.rew.ca/news/new-home-sales-i ... .ca%2Fnews

LOL - and some people actually think all is roses out there.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:04 am

http://www.burnabynow.com/business/reco ... -1.3094254

looking good, besides the envy from others though
 
eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:46 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
And the bad news just keeps coming and coming.... and you know this one is true because it is coming from real estate weekly.  

http://www.rew.ca/news/new-home-sales-i ... .ca%2Fnews

LOL - and some people actually think all is roses out there.


When the market is slow it's never as dire as the postings bears claim. The reverse is also true when the market is brisk.

I dont see desperate sellers out there. Listings still coming out high, few reductions, sales coming at close to asking range etc.
There are some "deals" out there...but by deals I mean compared to market high, not compared to even a year ago.
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:11 am

Give it time - the market will appear as dire is it has already become.

Sales have stopped. Will only get worse. Prices are already down and there is very little reason it will turn around.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:23 am

http://business.financialpost.com/news/ ... mists-warn

moving is faster. to the moon! lower interest rates
 
eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:25 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
Give it time - the market will appear as dire is it has already become.

Sales have stopped. Will only get worse. Prices are already down and there is very little reason it will turn around.


This comment is for you...

"When the market is slow it's never as dire as the postings bears claim."
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:08 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
reallyreal2 wrote:
Give it time - the market will appear as dire is it has already become.

Sales have stopped.  Will only get worse.  Prices are already down and there is very little reason it will turn around.


This comment is for you...

"When the market is slow it's never as dire as the postings bears claim."

Actually it is dire.  When you see realtors crying about the media bias against them, the lack of sales, the lack of new builds and the lack of interest in Vancouver RE.... why would anybody want to buy?  Especially when they can wait and buy for cheaper tomorrow.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:09 am

 
yzfr1
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:24 am

reallyreal2 wrote:
Actually it is dire.  When you see realtors crying about the media bias against them, the lack of sales, the lack of new builds and the lack of interest in Vancouver RE.... why would anybody want to buy?  Especially when they can wait and buy for cheaper tomorrow.



Its dire when the unemployment skyrockets, sales dry up to nothing and everything standstills. Prices have gone down but the fact that things haven't gone full blown fire sale means people are not desperate to sell. Not a toxic asset.. yet.

As you pointed out in your last paragraph, people still want to buy. As long as there desire it will never be gloom and doom to the epic proportions bears want. Unless vancouver becomes a nuclear wasteland.
 
tdma800
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 2977
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:12 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:29 am

most of it is jealousy
 
eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 1170
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:41 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:56 pm

I trust my thinking on supply and demand for Vancouver detached properties.
Im not so worried about what short term thinkers believe. If I did, I might have sold in 2010 at $750,000 less than my place is now worth.
 
reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:30 am

Re: Vancouver Housing Market Implodes:

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:32 pm

if you were as smart and confident as you claim to be, you would have doubled down years ago and be sitting pretty... 

Face it, you are just as surprised as anyone else by this runup

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests