Charming Vancouver Home for just $1.298M

British Columbia Real Estate issues, advice, questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Charming Vancouver Home for just $1.298M

Postby rofina » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 am

jimtan wrote:
timber2012 wrote:wrong yet again - I think I've made it clear a few times that I live in Burnaby.

wow - for someone that thinks they're so smart, you'd think that being wrong all the time might give them a 2nd opinion of themself. :mrgreen:

Hah! I'm the guy who was bearish in 2008 and bought in spring 2009. Since then, I have refuted every silly bear attack.

I've seen it all. ComingDepression is now only a memory. Freako knew when it was time to withdraw. Dotcom and westcoast have wisely moved. Etc etc.

What's the common denominator? All these guys have a mental short circuit. They're fans of doomsday dramas because the market laughs at them. Quite rightly so when these guys are pathetic in analysis. Simply, they don't have a cue about how the RE market works.

Here you are writing your impressive warnings based on vast research and incisive insights from your 'mansion' in Burnaby!

Vanpro and taipan are gone. When are you going?

:mrgreen:

This is too ironic not to enjoy.

Thanks for the laugh JimTan!
rofina
Real Estate Talker

Postby timber2012 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:17 pm

jimtan wrote:
timber2012 wrote:wrong yet again - I think I've made it clear a few times that I live in Burnaby.

wow - for someone that thinks they're so smart, you'd think that being wrong all the time might give them a 2nd opinion of themself. :mrgreen:

Hah! I'm the guy who was bearish in 2008 and bought in spring 2009. Since then, I have refuted every silly bear attack.

I've seen it all. ComingDepression is now only a memory. Freako knew when it was time to withdraw. Dotcom and westcoast have wisely moved. Etc etc.

What's the common denominator? All these guys have a mental short circuit. They're fans of doomsday dramas because the market laughs at them. Quite rightly so when these guys are pathetic in analysis. Simply, they don't have a cue about how the RE market works.

Here you are writing your impressive warnings based on vast research and incisive insights from your 'mansion' in Burnaby!

sometimes i wish i could see the world through your eyes....

George Carlin once said "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
timber2012
Real Estate Talker

Postby HAM » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:22 pm

timber2012 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

Timber,

I don't think you would want to be blind :)
So jimmy said I missed the dip in Richmond last year. And now prices have fallen even more with no balance in sight! The poor old man is just too old and grumpy!
HAM
Real Estate Talker

Postby jimtan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:39 am

timber2012 wrote:

I am a professional. I buy and sell. I sell and buy. Should I make a mistake, I admit it and cut my loss.

Clearly, you are a successful businessman. Your grasp of markets is amazing. As is your debating skills. Here's an example from Mike's thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=128371

Notice how succinct your answer was? As usual, the first replies were by taipan, ham and yourself.
jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Postby timber2012 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:50 am

jimtan wrote:
timber2012 wrote:

I am a professional. I buy and sell. I sell and buy. Should I make a mistake, I admit it and cut my loss.

Clearly, you are a successful businessman. Your grasp of markets is amazing. As is your debating skills. Here's an example from Mike's thread.

Notice how succinct your answer was? As usual, the first replies were by taipan, ham and yourself.

You know - it's really hard to know your point when you don't know it yourself.
George Carlin once said "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
timber2012
Real Estate Talker

Postby jimtan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 am

timber2012 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
timber2012 wrote:

Notice how useful your comments are? Almost like the advice in fortune cookies!!!!

I think that it is so ironic. You flamed Mike's conclusions. But, he is working in the front line and you are not. Indeed, it seems that your thoughts are all smoke and no meat?
jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Postby timber2012 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 am

What's your point?

Mike's opinion on the future of the Vancouver real estate market is more valid than mine because he is working on the front lines?

Sure - run with that.
timber2012
Real Estate Talker

Postby HAM » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Mike is a salesman. Of course he doesn't want the market to cool as it means less business for him. And plus, mike has never seen a correction in his realtor days. In his mind, prices will never fall. But they have, and many of his peers have already made that clear.

Remember what Keith Roy said? Well his office gave him shit for that because he could interrupt with sales of others in his office. Keith made the right choice, he's now renting a TH on the east side on commercial st. What perfect timing for Keith, as you can see what's happening in Van west.
So jimmy said I missed the dip in Richmond last year. And now prices have fallen even more with no balance in sight! The poor old man is just too old and grumpy!
HAM
Real Estate Talker

Postby rofina » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:02 pm

jimtan wrote:
timber2012 wrote:
jimtan wrote:

http://www.realestatetalks.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=128371

Notice how useful your comments are? Almost like the advice in fortune cookies!!!!

I think that it is so ironic. You flamed Mike's conclusions. But, he is working in the front line and you are not. Indeed, it seems that your thoughts are all smoke and no meat?

Should I point you in the direction of a few bearish economics and analysts who get paid big bucks to analyze RE ?

Why do any analysis yourself, far more brilliant people have already come to a consensus that Vancouver is ridiculously overvalued by any standard known to mankind.

Or are their models perhaps wrong?

Really JimTan, its all just intellectual masturbation.

The fact is, if you apply any valuation metric used now and for decades prior to Van RE it comes out reading overvalued. Women lie, men lie, numbers don't. What model, what contribution, what anything can anybody contribute that simple, unemotional, unbiased numbers don't already show?

Please educate me, I am asking.
rofina
Real Estate Talker

Postby jimtan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 pm

timber2012 wrote:What's your point?

Mike's opinion on the future of the Vancouver real estate market is more valid than mine because he is working on the front lines?

Sure - run with that.

Anyone can have an opinion. ComingDepression had his. I have mine. Who was right?

The question is what value do you add?

Mike reports what he sees from his end. The information is potentially valuable. Add that information to other pieces and there might be clarity. Mike represents a resource.

In fact, guys like ham and you destroy value by attacking Mike. An analyst would ask Mike specific questions to test his quality and validity. You damage the forum by immediately mocking him. You intimate those who might volunteer industry information.

How loud is the sound of silence?

I am analytical. I can see the world in a grain of sand. That's why I use a single simple statistic about vacancy rates to provide insights into the market.

Can the RE market fall if the vacancy rate is 1%? Why does Edmonton have a higher vacancy rate than Vancouver? Does the volatility in Edmonton tell us anything about risk in the respective markets?

What is the national vacancy situation?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le5750685/

How do you add value?
jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Postby HAM » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:57 pm

Jimtan,

Mike is the only realtor that says the market is good and he is busy. Well that's not I'm hearing from my realtors friends up at Macdonald realty. In fact when I was in the office last week, I over heard a consversation of a realtor saying his friends have bought homes to flip and they are all stuck with them now. He said the market has fallen so fast, it's so different from the actual stats. So, by the time you see the hpi move downwards, the market has actual moved much more.
HAM
Real Estate Talker

Postby timber2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:33 am

jimtan wrote:
timber2012 wrote:What's your point?

Sure - run with that.

Anyone can have an opinion. ComingDepression had his. I have mine. Who was right?

The question is what value do you add?

Mike reports what he sees from his end. The information is potentially valuable. Add that information to other pieces and there might be clarity. Mike represents a resource.

In fact, guys like ham and you destroy value by attacking Mike. An analyst would ask Mike specific questions to test his quality and validity. You damage the forum by immediately mocking him. You intimate those who might volunteer industry information.

How loud is the sound of silence?

I am analytical. I can see the world in a grain of sand. That's why I use a single simple statistic about vacancy rates to provide insights into the market.

Can the RE market fall if the vacancy rate is 1%? Why does Edmonton have a higher vacancy rate than Vancouver? Does the volatility in Edmonton tell us anything about risk in the respective markets?

What is the national vacancy situation?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o ... le5750685/

How do you add value?

"Can't see the forest for the trees"
timber2012
Real Estate Talker

Postby jimtan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:03 am

rofina wrote:
Should I point you in the direction of a few bearish economics and analysts who get paid big bucks to analyze RE ?

Why do any analysis yourself, far more brilliant people have already come to a consensus that Vancouver is ridiculously overvalued by any standard known to mankind.

Or are their models perhaps wrong?

Really JimTan, its all just intellectual masturbation.

From my experience in the financial markets, I can tell you that brilliant people do make big mistakes. The most consistently successful people are the ones who listen to the market. Do you? Or, do you and the other bears prefer to masturbate each other?

I do note that a number of Canadian economists have ventured into RE valuation on an occasional basis. Usually, they end up with egg on their faces. I'm sure that I can easily find examples.

Typically, the economists who specialize in Canadian RE are quite cautious because they have seen it all before. Fools who relied on simple financial models typically get it wrong. Ask Jesse.

Who should you listen to? From my experience, the most trustworthy voices are the ones who have been consistently right lately. They're in the groove. What do they see that you don't.

Investing is a learning example. Successful investors learn from their mistakes by asking difficult question about their assumptions. From this, they build better models.

Fools keep repeating their mistakes. There's been no shortage of failed bears in this forum.
jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Postby timber2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:12 am

LOL - jimtan is doing, what I believe the technical term is, "close eyes, plug ears and sing lalalalalalalalalalala"
timber2012
Real Estate Talker

Postby HAM » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:14 am

Jimtan,

You're so brilliant, can you be my personal financial advisor?
HAM
Real Estate Talker

PreviousNext

Return to British Columbia Real Estate