Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

British Columbia Real Estate issues, advice, questions.

Moderator: admin

Re: Introduce Yourself to the Forum!

Postby HAM » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:27 am

recharts wrote:Hi

I am interested in creating a set of RE charts for Canda, mostly the major cities.
I am not an investor, my view about the RE market is rather bearish and I guess that is all you need to know about me :-)

my pleasure to join you
recharts

Welcome and I hope to see your work soon. We need more bears like you here!
So jimmy said I missed the dip in Richmond last year. And now prices have fallen even more with no balance in sight! The poor old man is just too old and grumpy!
HAM
Real Estate Talker

Postby pervinderkhangura » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:09 am

Hi I am real estate agent based in abbotsford.
Pervinder Khangura
SRS Realty
pervinderkhangura

Postby Stryker » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm a small time investor with three properties in North Burnaby and North Vancouver.
I am enjoying reading what's happening in Vancouver real estate.

Stryker
Stryker

Postby danny » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:09 am

Hi RETalks,

I have followed this forum for the better part of a year but not posted actively. Neither bull nor bear, I like hearing from all sides of a debate - especially from those willing to think and reason objectively and detach themselves from emotions when discussing the most emotional of assets. Outside of Vancouver and Richmond, I think there is value to be found in the lower mainland - but I also know from experience it is incredibly hard to find!

Cheers,

danny
danny
Real Estate Talker

Postby WhipMaster » Wed May 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Welcome y'all!!! :mrgreen:
Swoo~sh.....Would it really have killed you to buy property back in 2003?
WhipMaster
Real Estate Talker

Postby Dragonslayer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:43 pm

Hi Everyone
I have enjoyed reading (most) of your posts for awhile. I too think that the Lower Mainland will always be a desirable place to live.
Unfortunately, with desire comes demand so I think the prices will always be higher than one would like to expect.
Dragonslayer
Real Estate Talker

Postby Enhanced » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:19 am

Hi everyone,
I am a managing broker of a small real estate brokerage.

Mike
Enhanced

Postby hishvc » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Hello everyone!

I was born in Malaysia, but grew up in Metro Vancouver for most of my life. I'm currently in my early 20s, studying Real Estate and Sustainability at UBC Sauder School of Business.

To me, the market within Vancouver/Richmond appear to be stable and growing -- I don't expect prices to accelerate or decline by a significant amount for the remainder of the year.
hishvc
Real Estate Talker

Postby Lisa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi, Lisa here. I'm interested in this forum. I've been lurking and laughing. I get a kick out of all the reasons people give for why Vancouver's real estate market will remain strong. It might, but not for the reasons people are citing. We are living in a global cleptocracy and experiencing biflation and bifurcation, as a result.

Bifurcation of an economy, particularly Vancouver's, occurs when you have zip in terms of manufacturing and industry but tremendous inflows of money from foreigners looking to offshore their money. I won't reinvent the wheel by getting too deeply into this, because you have probably heard some of it before, before dismissing it as crazy. Bifurcation, as the term implies, destroys the middle class and creates a lot of personal trainers, barristas, dog walkers, etc...In other words you have a rich people and poor people (salt of the earth, kind of normal, nice, regular people). Vancouver is like a large cruise ship where the wealthy play on the upper decks, while below decks, working staff are stacked like cord wood in sweaty cramped quarters.

Which leads to my second term....'biflation'. Biflation describes what occurred in the U.S. and what could very well occur in Canada. Biflation describes a situation where you don't clearly have inflation or deflation, but both at the same time. There is a depression of price for credit sensitive items, like housing, with escalating prices for food and other necessary goods. Certainly there has been run away price inflation in real estate in the Vancouver region for years, with prices for everything else not quite tripling or quadrupling, but certainly doubling in the last 10 years.

Jim Rickard's book, Currency Wars and common sense, will tell you that the Canadian Central Bank will do everything in it's power to keep our dollar at or below par with the American dollar. So, how this will play out remains to be seen. But for Vancouver, price increases have very little to do with any of its exquisite features and much to do with macro-economics that rest on a bed of corruption and crony capitalism.

Oh, in the interest of full disclosure, I own commercial and residential property in the U.S. I own a home in B.C and I hold gold as a hedge because of the uncertain times we live in. And bitcoin!--I was going to buy it at 200.00..but dang...didn't do it!! :P
Lisa

Postby Kootenay » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:37 pm

Hello new to this forum name Gord Age old Real estate holdings 1 house in the Kootenays of BC where the air is clean and minds are dirty. Market very slow here.
Kootenay
Real Estate Talker

Postby hishvc » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:55 am

Kootenay wrote:Hello new to this forum name Gord Age old Real estate holdings 1 house in the Kootenays of BC where the air is clean and minds are dirty. Market very slow here.

Welcome, glad you're here!
hishvc
Real Estate Talker

Postby zayarealty » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:18 am

Hi,

We are a luxury real estate agency in Dubai, please contact us for property investment options available in Dubai market
zayarealty

Postby strongbad » Fri May 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Hi iam a home owners in BC, I have a plot of land that has been re-zoned, and looking to sell.
strongbad

Postby Florent » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi there,

I'm new on this forum, nice to meet you, hope I'll learn interesting things here!

Cheers
Florent

Postby KingJay » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm a new agent and looking for a brokerage to work with. A brokerage with a office in Surrey would be preferable. A brokerage with a mentor-ship program in place is key for me being a new agent.

About me: I'm 21 and highly motivated to be in the industry for the long run. I am a economics student at sfu Surrey. I can communicate in punjabi, hindi as well. My hobbies include working out and my truck.

Cheers :D
KingJay

Previous

Return to British Columbia Real Estate