This is a friendly, interactive exchange of information on all Real Estate related subjects. Follow on Twitter: @RETALKS

Moderator: admin

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Re: Vancouver indvidual property sales details

Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm

This helps.
Attachments
VE-DET April.jpg
VE-DET April.jpg (42.06 KiB) Viewed 643 times

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm

HomelessinSD wrote:
ETB,

You've done very well with your purchase, no doubt. Nothing but congratulations to you. I was simply doubting your evaluation of your property in in this current market.

Your home is mostly land value and I don't think it would command $1.8millon in the present market conditions. Maybe $1.5million. But you say you aren't going to sell so there is no reason to estimate one way or other other. Unless you are just bragging.

This comparable to my property is for you HomelessinSD. Although mine is worth more due to bigger lot, better house.

6780 Inverness Street
2577sqft detached built 1960
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000
Sell $1,818,000 on 17-May after 8 days

This spacious home has been in the same family since 1971! The Main floor boasts a 3 BR plan w/lots of hardwood floors, formal DR, separate Eating Area, and double-glazed windows. Gas stove in Kitchen with ceramic-tiled backsplash. Inside or outside access to the high Basement. Suite potential. Mostly finished Down, w/2 more BRs, 3 piece Bathroom (shower stall), large Rec Rm, Laundry/Utilities, & Workshop. Upgrades include roof(2008), furnace(2006) & attic insulation. Sundeck & patio overlook a mature garden oasis. Located on a traffic-calmed cycle route, yet 3 blocks to buses on Knight or 49th. Fleming Elementary & David Thompson Secondary school catchments. Shops, services & Vancouver Public Libary on Fraser at South Hill. Listed By: PARK GEORGIA REALTY LTD.

Attachments
photo_server.jpg
photo_server.jpg (123.77 KiB) Viewed 638 times

reallyreal2
Real Estate Talker

Thu May 18, 2017 8:38 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
HomelessinSD wrote:
ETB,

You've done very well with your purchase, no doubt. Nothing but congratulations to you. I was simply doubting your evaluation of your property in in this current market.

Your home is mostly land value and I don't think it would command $1.8millon in the present market conditions. Maybe $1.5million. But you say you aren't going to sell so there is no reason to estimate one way or other other. Unless you are just bragging.

This comparable to my property is for you HomelessinSD. Although mine is worth more due to bigger lot, better house.

6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

This spacious home has been in the same family since 1971! The Main floor boasts a 3 BR plan w/lots of hardwood floors, formal DR, separate Eating Area, and double-glazed windows. Gas stove in Kitchen with ceramic-tiled backsplash. Inside or outside access to the high Basement. Suite potential. Mostly finished Down, w/2 more BRs, 3 piece Bathroom (shower stall), large Rec Rm, Laundry/Utilities, & Workshop. Upgrades include roof(2008), furnace(2006) & attic insulation. Sundeck & patio overlook a mature garden oasis. Located on a traffic-calmed cycle route, yet 3 blocks to buses on Knight or 49th. Fleming Elementary & David Thompson Secondary school catchments. Shops, services & Vancouver Public Libary on Fraser at South Hill. Listed By: PARK GEORGIA REALTY LTD.

ETB is rich!!!

Must feel amazing.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 19, 2017 6:47 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
HomelessinSD wrote:
ETB,

This comparable to my property is for you HomelessinSD.  Although mine is worth more due to bigger lot, better house.

6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

thumbsup!

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
This comparable to my property is for you HomelessinSD.  Although mine is worth more due to bigger lot, better house.

6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

This for $1.8m? This is Silicon Valley prices without Silicon Valley :!:
Fortunately, there is the Foreign Buyers Tax which WILL NOT be abolished regardless of who is the government :D.

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 19, 2017 9:48 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
HomelessinSD wrote:
ETB,

6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

just like the southwestern US, only better. we're going to the moon!

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Fri May 19, 2017 10:14 pm

poink  :roll:

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 20, 2017 6:17 am

jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

Fortunately, there is the Foreign Buyers Tax which WILL NOT be abolished regardless of who is the government :D.

For a teardown no less. You think the foreign buyers tax is having any effect at all now?
With foreign buyer tax coming in Ontario, these buyers will be coming back here.
My head spins at these prices.

jimtan
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 20, 2017 6:51 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:

For a teardown no less. You think the foreign buyers tax is having any effect at all now?
With foreign buyer tax coming in Ontario, these buyers will be coming back here.

Why should they come back here when there's a vacancy tax and tenant protection laws?  :?:
IN the first place, the last year's spurt in TO has nothing to do with foreign buyers. It's pure speculation and panic buying. Here's the real market after the foreign buyers tax...
Attachments
West Van detached April.JPG
West Van detached April.JPG (56.54 KiB) Viewed 543 times

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 20, 2017 7:11 am

eyesthebye2 wrote:
jimtan wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:

6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

to infinity and beyond!

anna2

Sat May 20, 2017 9:27 pm

eyesthebye2 wrote:
6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

Wow, just wow.  I can't believe someone would pay over $1.8 for a bungalow in that area.  This is definitely higher than what that house would have fetched in the so-called peak of 2016. 

tdma800
Real Estate Talker

Sat May 20, 2017 9:32 pm

anna2 wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

Wow, just wow.  I can't believe someone would pay over $1.8 for a bungalow in that area.  This is definitely higher than what that house would have fetched in the so-called peak of 2016. 

Popular area and can hold many suites

anna2

Sat May 20, 2017 11:01 pm

tdma800 wrote:
anna2 wrote:
eyesthebye2 wrote:
6780 Inverness Street
41x122 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,695,000

Popular area and can hold many suites

I lived a couple of blocks from that house during my high school years and it was pretty ghetto in the 90s, but with house prices at where they are at now, even the most ghetto neighbourhoods have millionaires residing there.  Back then, finding a tenant to rent in that area was difficult because there was close to nothing within walking distance (unless you count KFC and a convenience store) and public transit was slow.  I remember taking buses to meet my friends in Richmond and it took over an hour and a half!  I'm glad to hear that it's a popular area now with rental suites that rent out well!

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Thu May 25, 2017 10:45 am

5418 Prince Edward Street
1629 detached built 1908
32x116 RS-1 lot
Ask $1,498,000
Sell $1,838,000 on 15-May after 7 days

Enjoy this Edwardian Style home in the Main St corridor! Features include: excellent indoor/outdoor living space; large foyer; great size living, dining, and kitchen; re-finished floors; high moldings; French doors opening up to covered deck; granite counter tops; gas stove; stain glass cabinets in dining room; great natural light; claw foot tub; and private back yard. Option to have a super functional income suite or enjoy for your personal use. Stellar Main St location with parks, transit, shops, restaurants, Hillcrest Community Centre, QE Park and the best that Main St. has to offer just steps away. SNEAK PEEK: Thursday, May 11, 5-6 p.m. OPEN HOUSE: Saturday, May 13, 2-4 p.m. Listed By: MACDONALD REALTY
Attachments
photo_server (1).jpg
photo_server (1).jpg (124.33 KiB) Viewed 405 times

eyesthebye2
Real Estate Talker

Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:51 am

1651 detached built 1955
33x108 RS-1 lot
Asking $1,395,000
sold $1,505,216 on 31-May after 8

Excellent value in this 2 BR home in popular Kensington Place! Hardwood floors on the Main, wood-burning fireplace, updated Bath, and an eat-in Kitchen w/lots of storage. Inside or outside access to the Basement with mostly 7'2" (or more) height. Shared Laundry Down. Flexible floorplan means you can have a 1 or 2 BR suite, or use some or all of the Bsmt for upstairs use. Updated Basement Bathroom, hot water tank, plus garage, shed, & deck roofs. Covered back sundeck overlooks the fenced rear yard. Storage shed has a playhouse above. Super location; on a quiet, non-thru street, just steps away from buses on Fraser or 33rd. Shops, services & Vancouver Public Library 'up Fraser' at South Hill! Walk to Grays or South Memorial Parks. Listed By: PARK GEORGIA REALTY LTD.
Attachments
photo_server.jpg
photo_server.jpg (112.67 KiB) Viewed 267 times